• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live!'s μ's Puts 6 CDs in Japan's Top 100 Best-Selling Albums/Singles of 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omoikane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Sites like otasuke and yaraon (which are often sources for ANN news) are just sites that posts the latest news they find on twitter or 2ch, with a focus on otaku stuff. It wouldn't be quite right to say they're anime news sites because most of the posts there are actually not about anime. What's handy about the matome sites is that they also aggregate news from more traditional news sites and things like notable announcements, also summarizing/giving them context from fans who post them on the respective social media outlets.

It's not easy to write up some of the less well-known news items if you are unfamiliar with the IP in question or a particular sub-sub-fandom and the matome sites help with this.

Love Live, as a franchise, is getting a lot of attention because it's ramping up to a climatic 6th anniversary concert in 4 months. You will only see even more news as the marketing machine in Japan ramp up to it.

And this also a glimpse as to why a lot of normal Japan folks are generally wary of AKB48/48G because they really hog the news cycle in Japan as they game sales numbers by including various tickets in their singles and what not. Love Live is nowhere as bad by comparison but it's the same ideas at work. Although I think comparatively there is a very notable number of serious fans of this franchise in Japan, so it's usually newsworthy for ANN to write about it.

But at the same time, ANN is not really going the distance with their hard hitting journalistic powers regarding cartoon idols, even if they do note how well the other new idolm@ster singles did (it should give you an idea what things are like)

These 3 IPs will drive anime idol news for the next year and onward.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki, I just had to edit out 2 of your posts for being nothing but pointless trollish posts that added nothing to the conversation and simply served and flame bait. I suggest you not post similar posts moving forward. Thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2