• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4 Anime's Main Staff, Cast, April Premiere Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Just don't insult the guy's hair ._.

Anyway, Looking forward to this, even with the series director change. Voice cast change is no surprise since the same happened with most of the Part 3 cast after All Star Battle came out and we can bet that it will happen with later parts as well if they do more after this one. I also expect some of Part 3's music score to be reused for this since they're bringing back the same composer.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:33 am Reply with quote
if they are going to change the voices for the anime,why keeping the All Star Battle voices for the game that is coming out in a month?
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Yuuki Kaji instead of Romi Paku? Weird choice.

Agreed. I've seen gameplay footage but, even then Park has a wider range of voices and screams in contrast to Kaji. Oh well, at least Daisuke Ono will reprise his role!!

New ending theme song, I wonder what will it be!
ryanvamp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I really dislike the cast change, I loved the guy they picked for Josuke, for once he didn't have to "fake" the deep tone unlike others. I'm not fond of Kamiya but I think he was pitch perfect for Rohan so that's also a negative. Last but not least this first promotional image...I dunno, I was expecting it to look a bit more like the manga, since by this point Araki's style was quite good.

Anyways I'm still looking forward for this considering it's my favorite part but it started on the wrong foot.
Bruce91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Didn"t yuuki kaji voice Johnny Joestar in the video games?
Man, I already don't like the change.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Nice
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
DAT SAME NAME DOMINATION.

Personally, it's going to be the best Jump Festa since 2010
HolyR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Anddo wrote:
No HatanoW Sad

The key visual looks very appealing however and I'm glad David's still on board. Koichi look a little strange to anyone else?

Seriously, he looks so friggin weird. I can dig the rest of it, though
stvalentine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:44 pm Reply with quote
I think the art style looks like how the manga art looked at the end of part 4. (It changed a lot from the beginning to the end.) That's how I prefer it, personally. Though... Koichi does look strange. He's supposed to be tiny, but it looks like they tried to "fix" his proportions. His nose and eyes don't match the style, and his hair... Well, JJBA colors can be whatever, but I like him with yellow hair, so the grey looks weird to me.

This is only the first key visual, though. Things could look different in the actual show.

As for the voices... I agree with everyone else. I prefer Kamiya as Rohan. He's good at voicing that snarky type of character. Sakurai seems like he'll be too soft and sweet for him. Like the art, though, there's a large shift between Rohan's personality from the beginning to the end. This might be their attempt to tone him down, but I don't think it's necessary. I'd love to know if there was a particular reason behind the casting changes.
Omegaplib

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:29 am Reply with quote
HolyR wrote:
Anddo wrote:
No HatanoW Sad

The key visual looks very appealing however and I'm glad David's still on board. Koichi look a little strange to anyone else?

Seriously, he looks so friggin weird. I can dig the rest of it, though

They're pulling another Iggy here, Koichi looks identical as he was in the earlier chapters, before awakening his stand and going "super saiyan", I'm pretty sure they're gonna change him after that as they did with Iggy on the anime.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
While I'm sure OnoYu and Sakurai will do fine in their respective roles, I was really hoping to hear Hatano and Kamiya. T__T
anddo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
While I'm sure OnoYu and Sakurai will do fine in their respective roles, I was really hoping to hear Hatano and Kamiya. T__T

I feel the same. Also, Romi Park was PERFECT for the role of Koichi imo. I'm sure Kaji will do his best but Park will always be my favorite Koichi.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2