• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia TV Anime's 1st Video Introduces Superhero Premise

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Did Izuku just destroy that messed up illusion of ours with his right hand?

Nah, but he did mess up his own hand...and arm...and probably dislocated his shoulder, seriously what were they thinking? Laughing
Sanyo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I hope it turns out to be a 2 cour series.
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Sanyo wrote:

Not enough material I think
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:01 pm Reply with quote
KilluaX3 wrote:
Sanyo wrote:

Really? I think theres definitely enough material for 24 episodes.
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
Visually the animation really captures the art style of the manga. I am super excited for this anime with this being one of my top 3 manga to read every week. Personally I loved the first two chapters especially the ending to the first chapter. I see the shounen troupes that are there but I don't care. It might be I connect more with Deku then most shounen protagonists and it might also be for my love of superheroes but either way I can't wait for the anime to be released and to watch every episode.

Deku is such an un-cliche shonen main character
Kreion

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Nakurawari wrote:
KilluaX3 wrote:
Sanyo wrote:

It's what, 66 chapters long now, so you could guess it'll be 80ish by the time it gets animated. Most anime adaptions don't start until the series is over 100 chapters to give them room to breath

If it was adapted by another studio I could agree with you though, since Shoukugeki no Souma adapted around 65 chapters into 26 episodes, granted some of the episodes were a bit slow. But this is being adapted by Bones who are historically [expletive] awful at adaptions, I am 90% sure it won't be following the manga by the end of it.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Anybody else get reminded of "How to Train Your Dragon" with the background music? Not helping matters is that Deku is a lot like Hiccup. Let's hope his dub voice actor doesn't perform with a Jay Baruchel impression.
DukeNukem3DO

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
Nakurawari wrote:
KilluaX3 wrote:
Sanyo wrote:

It's what, 66 chapters long now, so you could guess it'll be 80ish by the time it gets animated. Most anime adaptions don't start until the series is over 100 chapters to give them room to breath

If it was adapted by another studio I could agree with you though, since Shoukugeki no Souma adapted around 65 chapters into 26 episodes, granted some of the episodes were a bit slow. But this is being adapted by Bones who are historically [expletive] awful at adaptions, I am 90% sure it won't be following the manga by the end of it.
you have to consider the fact that most of the shows bones adapted was monthly manga series since this is a weekly manga they might won't get a anime original
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:08 am Reply with quote
Great PV studio Bones shows always have good animation I will definitely be checking this show out when it airs (hopefully soon) Very Happy
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:28 am Reply with quote
@DukeNukem3DO: While this is true, they have had success having a number of original anime. Of 43 TV anime titles I counted on their Wikipedia article, 15 were original. It's hard to make an original title* because you don't have a source material that has gained success. If you use a Kickstarter for a short, original series (like 4 eps.), you might have a chance of it working because of the backers.

*Note: While I know sometimes an original title will have a manga version before it debuts, likely as a tie-in or to promote the series, I am counting original anime whose manga version debuts after the anime debut. So, this rules out Sadamoto's Eva manga. Also, for source material, I mean any games, toy lines, books, TV, movies, radio/web shows, etc.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Already, I can see that they changed All Might's western superhero comic book style shading to someone animated more fluidly than a normal anime character to reflect western animated superheroes. Very interesting, but I can't see how they can keep that up for the whole series.

Heck, for that matter, color pages in My Hero Academia are also shaded and colored like American superhero comic books, with prevalent muted oranges and dark blues, everything colored as a gradient, and hard shading in inking and soft shading in coloring.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2