• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Muv-Luv Kickstarter Ends With Over US$1.2 Million

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NegativeZero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:06 am Reply with quote
partially wrote:
I think a lot of people seem to misunderstand something here. Muv-Luv isn't particularly obscure. It is well known to people who play VN games. And it is also reasonably well known in anime circles for one reason or another because of Total Eclipse. Granted not really known as Muv-Luv. But I talked to a LOT of people who had no idea what Muv-Luv was, yet instantly recognised the characters as they had seen parts of the anime or manga or simply that they are commonly seen them on image boards and the like. So even if people didn't originally know of the games, they had plenty of time to read up, lots of material available in one form or another in English. This wasn't a bubble success, nor particularly surprising.

This. Muv-Luv Alternative usually tops most VN rankings. It's extremely highly regarded and has more mainstream appeal than Clannad or Grisaia. Also I think perhaps the fact that it doesn't have an anime adaption works for it too.

It also may help that there were pretty high quality fan translations available for the games for a while.

Also just a very well run campaign. They had answers out of the gate to a lot of the usual questions, like whether there would be an 18+ version (answer: there will be a patch to add that content if you want it) and whether there would be a VIta version.

I know everyone hopes for Type-Moon at some point but if it were up to me I'd be hoping the next big VN kickstarter is for the Baldr games esp. Baldr Sky.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:14 am Reply with quote
casenumber00 wrote:
I back this at the $150 tier. Anyway, i am a TYPEMOON fan obviously but I kinda don't want to see a Fate/Stay Night release. I like the universe more so than the single FSN VN. Don't get me wrong it is a really good story (not well written in some places), but enough of the Fate milking.

I can concur. When Muv-Luv is milked, Age expands the universe (like with Schwarezmarken). When Fate/Stay Night is milked, Type-Moon focuses on one part of a vast universe. Seriously, Angel Notes anime never. It's probably why Tsukihime has been delayed for all eternity.
shuusei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:55 pm Reply with quote
NegativeZero wrote:

I know everyone hopes for Type-Moon at some point but if it were up to me I'd be hoping the next big VN kickstarter is for the Baldr games esp. Baldr Sky.

White Album 2 and Baldr Sky are the top of my list for which VN's I want to see next.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2