• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Smarties with Blue Hair

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:
As much as i love Ruri she's not really "blue haired", now if we do a Silver haired ranking...........

Question one; Name a few Silver haired main protagonists (aside Ruri).

Question two; Name a few Silver haired major characters (aside Ruri) who are not antagonists.

I'm not too sure if it's either Sephiroth from FF7 or Ghaleon from Lunar Silver Star Symphony who more define the Silver haired stereotype found in anime and other works for me personally. Both are very memorable characters though.
Mr March

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
No mention of the blue-haired Max from Super Dimension Fortress Macross and Macross 7? The guy's full name even tells you outright that he's a genius, Maximilian Jenius to be exact Smile
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:10 pm Reply with quote
I'd say the precocious Renge Miyauchi from Non Non Biyori kinda qualifies, if we're talking about how smart and talented she is compared to the average 6 or 7-year old. Though she kind of has an advantage, living with her teacher (her oldest sister), not to mention how Renge's parents are always out working their family's fields and Asahigaoka is a very, very safe community for her to wander around in, so she's super-independent for someone her age.

Some people would probably have the same "is her hair blue or silver?" question since Renge's hair colour is practically identical to Ruri Hoshino's hair colour from Nadesico, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tamaria

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
^
I did an image search for Bulma and in about half of the pictures she has blue hair, in the others it is green.
Did her hair color change? I am not a Dragon Ball fan and have seen very little of the show.

Hasn't it always been a shade of turquoise? Turquoise (and cyan in general) can look more blue or green depending on lighting and so on.
xzy123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
7jaws7 wrote:
Ruri's hair color is almost identical to Shiro's. She definitely belongs.

As for the new poll, Alucard is gonna crush the competition Rolling Eyes

lulu destroy any competition period.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Yang Wenli is ommited?

Miracle Yang? The Hero of El Facil?

=(

its not that I disagree with the list, but one of the most famous smart people enduring for decades in anime seems like a safe bet.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Tamaria wrote:
Touma wrote:
^
I did an image search for Bulma and in about half of the pictures she has blue hair, in the others it is green.
Did her hair color change? I am not a Dragon Ball fan and have seen very little of the show.

Hasn't it always been a shade of turquoise? Turquoise (and cyan in general) can look more blue or green depending on lighting and so on.

Or it was Toei's budget & time constrains that forced the animators to use what that episode's director wanted, and couldn't align the material to fit with the other teams'.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
what about these two?

kevinx59

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
^Just going on what my friend whose watched the show says, I'm not sure Denpa girl is a genius. I like Shiro as number 1 though. And damn, Asuka beat Rei. This week I was torn on Alucard or Jonathan Joestar, but I went with Alucard in the end.
CCTakato

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:43 pm Reply with quote
What about Honoka from Pretty Cure or is her hair more purple than blue?
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Shiro and Sora aren't hikikomori NEETs. Shiro is a hikikomori and Sora is a NEET. They are not both both. This is how they described themselves in the anime and LNs, it's just stupidity combined with not paying attention that somehow manages to blend them together. I keep seeing people make this mistake and it's honestly been annoying for a while already and gone well into the territory of infuriating.

Heck, that wouldn't even make any rational sense. Shiro is enrolled in school, she just avoids going and stays home as much as she can because she doesn't like being around other people aside from Sora. Even if you rarely attend, being in school automatically disqualifies you from being a NEET.

Also, Sora has little issue with assertively dealing with other people, so obviously not hikikomori.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
xzy123 wrote:
wow no lulu

If you mean Lelouch, that would be doesn't have blue hair.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I just remembered a few smart blue-haired characters, all from Fairy Tail:
  • Jellal Fernandes -- was the warden on a prison island, which he populated by bringing in slaves either by force or with his charisma & persuasion abilities (and then keeping them by force). Later, in order to repent, he founded a new guild comprised of former baddies and despite the guild's low member count (about 10), it members possess enough strength & talent to be recognise as an up-and-coming third party, between the "light" guilds and the "dark" ones;
  • Levy McGarden -- the guild's, Fairy Tail's, unofficial analyst. Her magic works by making words affect the world (she'll write "fire" and the letters will burn, she'll write "stone" and the words will turn into a stone wall), which requires both sizable vocabulary knowledge, as well as the coolness to know which words to use when;
  • Wendy Marvell -- while not possessing Jellal's charisma or Levy's analytical skills, she has the ability to heal injuries & illnesses, as well as enhancing one's physical capabilities (increasing damage protection, increased speed). Oh, and she's a Dragon Slayer.

Last edited by Hameyadea on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:29 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
what about these two?

Konata hardly counts as smart from what I remember. I don't know who the other one is.
trilaan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Say, doesn't the Count of Gankutsuou have blue hair(a rather dark shade, but blue nonetheless)? But maybe "Genius at Revenge" is not what we're going for here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4