• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netoge no Yome wa Onna no Ko ja nai to Omotta? Light Novels Get TV Anime Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:57 am Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Kineko and Hisasi launched the series in 2013

YES!! Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Love this artist's art and *cough* "plot" points *cough* Razz

Oh, and INB4 "thats moar VR gamezzz stuffff" comments, the synopsis makes it sound like that whole series takes place between the real-world and the on-screen, non-VR, digital world, with the main girl having some perception issues (which isn't all that uncommon). Kinda like Chūnibyō demo Koi ga Shitai!

maximilianjenus wrote:
regarding the recent increase of virtual/fantasy world animes, at elast it's a break from the high school setting.

+1 Cool

Last edited by Hameyadea on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total
shi666san

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:50 am Reply with quote
Is it bad that what I found most surprising was that it was the same girl on all the covers? I was actually expecting to see all these different girls, since the title gives a very "harem-like" feel.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:14 am Reply with quote
shi666san wrote:
Is it bad that what I found most surprising was that it was the same girl on all the covers? I was actually expecting to see all these different girls, since the title gives a very "harem-like" feel.

Given main girl has some yandere tendencies, she'd probably chop them up if they tried a move on the MC. Given I've only been reading the manga that has a few chapters out, it's pretty fun so far.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:43 am Reply with quote
Another classy looking title.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:42 am Reply with quote
The trend of a long LN title continues. How are we supposed to abbreviate this one?
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
Premise definitely sounds interesting, but jeezus, those covers are so fanservice-ridden im starting to doubt it. Nevertheless, if this is a deviant from your generic LN adaptation then I wouldn't mind watching it. Better be careful on the internet!
7jaws7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
The trend of a long LN title continues. How are we supposed to abbreviate this one?

NetOnna...?
Ninjajake12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:24 am Reply with quote
*Reads synopsis* Uh huh, uh huh. Sounds semi-interesting.

*goes through cover art* Ohhhh, it's that kind of series. Art is beautiful, but wow...they definitely are trying to appeal to a certain crowd (not that that's a bad thing).
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
HISASI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alright, can I just take a moment and let myself say this in all seriousness, I love Hisasi's works, and not just for that Rolling Eyes he puts some much good detail in his drawings, even when he draws chibi I be like HHNNGG! I was stunned when I first heard about him working as LN illustrator, and even MORE stunned once this particular one was adapted to a manga, cause like I always say, once an LN goes manga, an anime is practically confirmed, AND NOW IT'S OFFICIAL!!!! Now for the author. Though I don't know him, I'll give him credit for this story, though I haven't read the LN ('cause I can't find it), the manga is interesting. Rather that being trapped in a game, it focuses on gamers themselves. I never get tired of the paid player gag Anime smile, and it has a familiar fell to it, where the main girl has what almost resembles chuunibyou, plus lets not forgot that yandere-esque nature Twisted Evil . Congrats Shibai Kineko, and like the authors of Maken-ki and Shokugeki no Souma, congrats Hisasi, you're on your way to a (non-H)anime. Now if only you could make a (non-H)manga series... Anime catgrin
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:27 pm Reply with quote
OK, so I read a few of the available online manga chapters, and it seems that this is a spoiler[high-school cast], there are hints of spoiler[harem settings (the aforementioned girl + another 2)], and, at least in the first few chapters, it would seem that the characters' spoiler[distinction between reality and game is getting blurrier as the chapters go on, to varying degrees]. Also, spoiler[textbook tsundere].
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2