• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show -The Worst Anime of All Time

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:44 pm Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:
The worst anime I've watched for me is Sword Art Online, and you'd think I'd love it because I love anime and videogames, but the characters, I found most of them to be really annoying, especially Gary Stu Kirito, but what made me quit was when the incest overtones started happening, I just said nope to that show completely.

The only thing I like about it is the first opening, "Crossing Field".

1. You don't know what the term "Gary Stu" means if you think Kirito is one.

2. There was no incest in the show. Whatsoever.
Joe Carpenter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Another crap series I've seen, probably the worst I actually sat through the entirety of was Tokko.

Dumb supernatural action that felt like it was for the Hot Topic crowd, another thing was how forgettable it was, the only thing I really remember was that it was crap.

The only reason I watched it was because it aired on the short lived Sci Fi (now SyFy) anime block and that was back when I felt obligated to watch as many anime that got airtime as I could stand (which ended for me the following year, probably not coincidentally).

An anime that I was really hyped for but disappointed by was Ergo Proxy, that series felt like they came up with an interesting initial idea but didn't know how to really make it a full series, the result was lots and lots of philosophical jibber jabber and all of it painfully boring, the only aspect that really sticks out in my memory was the episode where they basically go to Disney Land.

Now in fairness I do plan on giving Ergo Proxy another try one day just to see if my opinion will maybe be a bit kinder, I think in general I was suffering a bit of burnout in 2007.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Joe Carpenter wrote:
Another crap series I've seen, probably the worst I actually sat through the entirety of was Tokko.

[...]

The only reason I watched it was because it aired on the short lived Sci Fi (now SyFy) anime block and that was back when I felt obligated to watch as many anime that got airtime as I could stand (which ended for me the following year, probably not coincidentally).

An anime that I was really hyped for but disappointed by was Ergo Proxy, that series felt like they came up with an interesting initial idea but didn't know how to really make it a full series, the result was lots and lots of philosophical jibber jabber and all of it painfully boring, [...].

I remember the "Ani-Monday" block on the old Sci-Fi (Grrr . . . "SyFy" is such a terrible name . . . .). It introduced me to a lot of great shows -- as well as a lot of dreck, too! I, too, was bored by Ergo Proxy's philosophical ramblings.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 15 of 15