• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: RWBY Japanese Dub Cast Includes Saori Hayami, Yōko Hikasa, More

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:31 am Reply with quote
The cast is impressive, but I watched a few episodes back in the day and wasn't too impressed by the overall product.

Last edited by Hameyadea on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:47 am Reply with quote
Now that it'll sound better, too bad it can't look better.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:07 am Reply with quote
OMG!
Haqua as Ruby!
Houki as Weiss!
Annie as Blake!
Kallen as Yang!

This is awesome!

I kinda sad Monty didn't live to see this. He would have a nerdgasm over the VA's voicing his characters.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:43 am Reply with quote
KamikazeJawa wrote:
Oh look, a new RWBY thread! *grabs a bag of popcorn and puts on a lead vest in preparation for the incoming wave of text-based cancer* I'm sure this thread will be full of calm, well thought-out discussion that totally won't devolve into inter-user flame wars and show-bashing!

I think it's kinda funny that here the conversations is civil and just a calm discussion.

But conversely on r/anime, you can;t even post this story cause "it's not anime related" despite the fact it casts many well know anime actors and RWBY is "being marketed as the first western made anime for Japan" isn't anime related enough.

The elitism on the sub is astounding to me, it shouldn't be that big of a deal to have it there. If a site with the word ANIME in the title (This one and Cruncyroll had this earlier as well) post the article that should be enough to get it there for a couple hours of discussion.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:06 am Reply with quote
^
Perhaps because this site is moderated more?

Indeed, you and KamikazeJawa are the only ones to take this thread off-topic so far.

So, please, everyone, the topic is RWBY, not the attitude or behaviour of the fans.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheMorry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:16 am Reply with quote
ANd still people dont consider this anime because its not been made in Japan. lol.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:23 am Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:
^
Perhaps because this site is moderated more?

Indeed, you and KamikazeJawa are the only ones to take this thread off-topic so far.

So, please, everyone, the topic is RWBY, not the attitude or behaviour of the fans.

I wasn't intending to go off topic, i was responding to another users observations.

I'm not trying to make a big deal but the discussion on how some people don't view RWBY as an anime is a discussion about RWBY. It's important for us to talk about these things and have an intelligent discussion about them.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:34 am Reply with quote
Please read A Request for Politeness and Respect.

That's all we ask for.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lovely

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
Now that it'll sound better, too bad it can't look better.

It looks a lot better in season 2 actually. http://tearfulfriend18.tumblr.com/post/81654806301/volume-2-is-looking-good-damn-good
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:40 am Reply with quote
Going by the Japanese definition in meaning "animation", I will call this an anime. I like to use the Japanese definition to be more of a traditional-ist.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:55 am Reply with quote
Eh, there's anime that look worse but still enjoyable
It's about the action choreography anyway

It's just, to people, it's 2D or 3DCG Pixar level or nothing in between - even Japanese 3DCG animators struggle to be accepted since they can't do near Pixar level yet, but people won't accept anything besides 2D otherwise. Yet regular Western viewers are used to myriad levels of 3DCG caliber on TV, so to them it's not 2D or Pixar 3DCG or bust.
KamikazeJawa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:30 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:

I think it's kinda funny that here the conversations is civil and just a calm discussion.

Yeah that comment was based on my experiences in older threads(like the one where the fan book was announced and the Japanese licensing) which got rather...heated. It's not like I'm upset about how this thread has gone or anything though!

I'm going to keep out of the whole "Is it an anime?" thing because I still think it is one of the most pointless arguments in the anime community right now. Gigguk said it best, "Honestly who really gives a flying f***?"
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote
If this doesn't convince people of RWBY's status as anime -- nothing ever will.

But anyways, Weiss's VA also voiced Rias Gremory (High School DxD). Oh man, that's hot. Laughing Then two of the VAs have been in the Saki anime. So, I'll be able to recognize them too.
MetalHunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Is it wrong that I hope this leads to a studio doing their own version of RWBY somewhere?
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
MetalHunter wrote:
Is it wrong that I hope this leads to a studio doing their own version of RWBY somewhere?

No, and in fact, that thought crossed my mind as well. But, that's a business decision; and would RT be willing to part ways with the RWBY franchise by selling its license to another studio? A partnership, perhaps. Right now, it just seems to be a very long shot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3