• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gyo and Uzumaki: 2nd Edition

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
driverstart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:50 am Reply with quote
Gyo and Uzumaki are two classic horror mangas created by a master of horror from Japan, Junji Ito. Back in 2002, Uzumaki was released by Viz and never republished after its last volume. In 2004, Gyo was introduced by Viz and never republished either after the last volume. Crying or Very sad

Now, a few years later, Gyo and Uzumaki are confirmed for being republish into the Viz Signature line and are to be released in their second edition this October. Right now, I'm excitied about these series coming out and I'm for sure going to get a copy. Very Happy Who is excitied about this news anyways?
Brand

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:30 am Reply with quote
I own both series in the old editions, but it is good news to hear. Maybe Viz will reprint some of there other older titles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:26 am Reply with quote
I'll definitely be buying Uzumaki since I've only been able to get a hold of my friend's copy to read, and absolutely loved it. Gyo I'll pass on. Never did like it.
smoochy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I own the old edition of Gyo, so I won't pick that one up, but I never actually bought Uzumaki, though I've read it, so I'll pick it up this time around. What I'm really looking forward to is the re-release of Black and White.
driverstart

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
smoochy wrote:
What I'm really looking forward to is the re-release of Black and White.

Though it may not be the manga, I heard somewhere that Viz is releasing the novel verison of it in September. I'm interesting in picking it up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1