• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Babymetal Idol Group's World Tour Begins After 20,000 Fans Rocked Out in Saitama

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm not really a Babymetal fan but I love Dragonforce. The only songs I like are "Road of Resistance" which is their Dragonforce collaboration and "Akatsuki". I'm curious how this works out since Dragonforce is on their Maximum Overload world tour now right?
Wojtini

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 4:51 pm Reply with quote
"Mexico, Canada, the U.S. and Europe" - sounds like Europe is a country eh. Ignorant murica is ignorant.
TRNielson

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Gonna be seeing them in Bologna. That show is gonna freakin' rock!
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Something ain't right when you watch teenage girls singing power metal songs & they can't hit the high notes reached by 30 something men.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Wojtini wrote:
"Mexico, Canada, the U.S. and Europe" - sounds like Europe is a country eh. Ignorant murica is ignorant.

There wasn't enough room to list all the countries in the by-line. I'm entirely aware that Europe is a continent filled with many, many countries.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Wojtini wrote:

There wasn't enough room to list all the countries in the by-line. I'm entirely aware that Europe is a continent filled with many, many countries.

*cough* not a real continent *cough*
TRNielson

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Something ain't right when you watch teenage girls singing power metal songs & they can't hit the high notes reached by 30 something men.

There's a reason why power metal singers earn respect for hitting those notes. I understand what you're trying to say, but saying it should be just as easy for them as it is, say Michael Kiske or Fabio Lione, is an invalid argument. There's a reason why power metal singers like them stand head over heels above their peers.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Europe is a real continent. Perhaps you're thinking the sub-continent of India?

This is off-topic and silly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Oooh, this is coming into Chicago the night before Anime Central starts. (Coincidence? I doubt it.) If the resale ticket costs weren't already ridiculous, I'd have been sorely tempted to go up an evening early to catch this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DJStarstryker

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Any of you who are even a little interested in Babymetal and haven't seen them live, you should do so. They're pretty amazing. I've seen them 4 times now.

I just haven't seen them lately (to include the Saitama show) because of their lack of new songs. In the over a year since their album's release, they only have released 2 new songs, Road of Resistance and an unnamed song they've only played live. They're kinda touring TOO MUCH instead of writing new songs and being in the studio to record them. Sad
TRNielson

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 8:42 pm Reply with quote
DJStarstryker wrote:
Any of you who are even a little interested in Babymetal and haven't seen them live, you should do so. They're pretty amazing. I've seen them 4 times now.

I just haven't seen them lately (to include the Saitama show) because of their lack of new songs. In the over a year since their album's release, they only have released 2 new songs, Road of Resistance and an unnamed song they've only played live. They're kinda touring TOO MUCH instead of writing new songs and being in the studio to record them. Sad

I don't think so. The whole purpose of the band was to make money in the first place. And while it's not 100% true for every band, most bands income comes from touring. So when you're playing several shows a month that are selling out stadiums, you know they're racking in the dough.

Also, it's quite normal for bands to take years between albums. So I'm not seeing the lack of new music from them as a bad thing.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:32 am Reply with quote
DJStarstryker wrote:

Quite sure they don't write their own songs, so they could keep touring while whoever people in-charge of their songs could just stay home and write. So blame their bosses the management agency - the girls only work for them.
Mikeski

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:11 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Quite sure they don't write their own songs

What??!! Eleven-year-old Japanese girls aren't masters of music theory? Anime lied to me! Again! They're supposed to be masters of everything, like Miyamoto-sensei!

(Yes, they're more like 15-years-old, now.)

enurtsol wrote:
so they could keep touring while whoever people in-charge of their songs could just stay home and write.

Well, they'd still need a little time off to practice the new songs (and dances). Point granted, though.
omiya

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I'd temper the 20,000 sell-out crowd at Saitama Super Arena statement with the fact that the venue can be adjusted in capacity, see the official web page in English at http://www.saitama-arena.co.jp/e/facility.html.

From what I've seen of anime music live events in Japan, a lot of work goes into chosing a venue that isn't too big for the expected audience. Better to sell out a Saitama Super arena shrunk to a smaller capacity than leave apparent empty seats with the venue configured for full capacity.

Animelo Summer Live concerts typically hold 27,000 attendees at Saitama Super Arena.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1