• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japan's Iconic School Swimsuits Get a Make-Over

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Tankinis make life so much easier. I hope girls can get the choice to wear one.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
As a fan of the current style I'm not to thrilled by this new one, but at least they're keeping the exposed shoulders. Wonder if it'll catch on.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:43 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
As a result, Footmark has unveiled the "ideal∞swimming," which, while being a two-piece suit, is easy to take on and off (it's fastened by a button at the lower back).

Yeah, no. I predict that poolside shenanigans and Wardrobe Malfunctions will make that button a lovely ornament in no time.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Even if the button were undone I doubt the suit would fall off. It's still skin tight.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Those boys' suits may keep the weather out, but it will still be obvious when it's cold *oi oi, say no more*
Broly The Saiyan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Really those are considered too much exposed skin? Only the thighs and calves are really exposed. A little of the arms as well but other than that it looks normal.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:04 pm Reply with quote
I hope this stays in reality where it belongs, while it's practical and modest in the real world and offers choice, it's horrifying in the 2D world where the viewers are fantasizing, no one wants their lolis in that.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:05 pm Reply with quote
To my recollection as a student while in Japan, usually swim classes for physical education at Japanese school would start around May and go either almost all the way to the end of the semester or the distance. May would be okay but when you get into June you get the rainy season, plus the weather takes a turn for the worse before the summer comes around. And when you as a guy have to wear nothing but swimming trunks one step up over a speedo and have to rinse yourself in very cold water, it's not fun. I can see why they want more covering to an extent.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zumie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:16 pm Reply with quote
"Complaints"? What "complaints"? This is getting a little ridiculous now. So they're going back to a style from the early 1900s just because of some naughty anime shows?? Don't they know it's going to be fetishized anyway??

LOL. I guess they don't really care about the comfort of anyone wearing these things, I'd never wear something like that. And the boy's second uniform is just stupid. Why not just eliminate swimming all together.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Zumie... you didn't read did you? The complaints are form the students wearing them.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:35 pm Reply with quote
They better export these to America. You have no idea how long I've dreamed for bathing suits like this to exist!!! Very Happy
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I dont even have a fetish for this, and yet, it just doesnt appeal to me. Keep the old one, and tell the young one's to deal with it. lol

Hoppy800 wrote:
I hope this stays in reality where it belongs, while it's practical and modest in the real world and offers choice, it's horrifying in the 2D world where the viewers are fantasizing, no one wants their lolis in that.

This.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
ANN wrote:
As a result, Footmark has unveiled the "ideal∞swimming," which, while being a two-piece suit, is easy to take on and off (it's fastened by a button at the lower back).

Yeah, no. I predict that poolside shenanigans and Wardrobe Malfunctions will make that button a lovely ornament in no time.
As the other user pointed out, it won't work like that IRL. But if I aspired to make a really shitty, sleazy harem anime/Light Novel/Manga that stayed true to real life I'd be taking notes right now.
Krey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Zumie... you didn't read did you? The complaints are form the students wearing them.

I feel like a few of the commenters here didn't read the article or at least don't care. These are children who are not comfortable in these swimsuits. I realise most people on this website probably just care about their harem anime, but don't you think it's more important for kids to be comfortable in the attire that they have to wear? This is real life we're talking about. Come on now.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I, for one, welcome the new swimwear. It's not much less skin than the old ones and if it makes the wearer more comfortable, then all the better
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5