• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Advertorial: Wouldn't it be great if these things were real?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:35 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty clear that this is an ad. I don't think there's any denying that. But to me "advertorials" just seem weird. There's something disingenuous about them. Even if they're marked as ads by ANN, there's still this pretense in the articles themselves that these are editorials. And yet clearly they've been written with the intention of selling people on Funimation products rather than anything else. I don't know. To me that's just off-putting. If that's your real, underlying purpose just put up an ad that doesn't pretend to be anything but. Don't do this feigned, dishonest "editorial". I mean look, I'm not saying this is a big deal. So long as ANN marks them as ads I can obviously just ignore them. It's just not a practice I really care for. That's my two cents on the matter.

That's what ads are for, for selling things. Nothing weird about it or groundbreaking. TV infomercials do the same thing. They pretend they are an actual TV show, but the whole purpose of the show is to sell the product. But I get what you are saying. I just have a problem with the ads that you don't have a choice about watching. There is nothing worse than a bland or boring ad, especially one that is shown repetitively.
Lovely

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:18 am Reply with quote
I like the implication of the preview image.

YEAH, if only Corgi's WERE real....

Wink
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:14 pm Reply with quote
^ I hear the English are looking into it; apparently the queen took something of a liking to the idea. Laughing
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:23 am Reply with quote
It's product placement! Laughing
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:16 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
How bout 'Gate technology from Cowboy Bebop? Or net diving gear from Ghost in the Shell? As for Devil Fruit, I'll "go there" and say how about a girl-boy-girl changing fruit? But ultimately I really want "power" From the new World! It would be fun to be the next Holy Sakura Emperor.

I'm afraid that type of fruit exist. its called the horm horm fruit which is used to change the gender from boy to girl and vice versa and is used by a prisoner that will be shown in the Impel Down arc. not gonna spoil the name of the person for those that haven't read the manga or like me, would rather wait for the english dub version first instead of resorting to those fansubs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2