• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Idol M@ster Cinderella Girls

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rogueywon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I might just be slow here... but... my god, the have an 11 year old in their group?

Even AKB48 doesn't take them that young, does it?

And now somebody's going to tell me it does. Which will make me despair for humanity just a little bit more.
Yadilie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Ami and Mami are 12 in the original.
Barbobot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
They accuse the Producer of simply lumping them together because they are the last remaining Cinderella girls, but he vehemently denies it...a bit too vehemently, actually; it seems very possible that he simply had two remaining idols who didn't work anywhere else.

While that's certainly a possibility, I saw his vehement denial more as attempting to not make the same mistake he made previously. He's run into issues with the girls when he couldn't explain things properly and clearly to them, so he really didn't want to let them walk away with the wrong idea that they're just the left over scraps. He doesn't want to be making that mistake again.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Before the CD debut scheduling problem was brought up I had actually thought of at least one reason why the producer might have thought that Miku and Riina could work as a unit: Riina is the most tomboyish of the lot, while "neko" (cat) happens to be the Japanese slang term for the femme in a yuri couple...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4