• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Couples Who Make Love and War

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Aside from the addition of Sugimoto and Asano, though, what was animated was pretty faithful to the source novels. (And I've read all of the ones that got animated.) Their presence only allowed the story to externalize a lot of what was going on in Yoko's head, which would have been difficult to adapt literally. The only other major changes beyond that were that Taiki and Shoryu/Enki's stories were told to Yoko as learning tools rather than being entirely standalone stories.

EDIT: And I considered Pai and Yakumo from 3x3 Eyes, but in the anime at least they really don't fight together in any kind of coordinated fashion.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:01 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I will admit that Shakugan no Shana deserves my attention at some point.

Shana was one of the first series I went through when I picked up anime as a hobby. Loved it all the way until the last season. The last season, to me, felt like they just threw away all I had enjoyed up to that point to head down a different path using some (what I found) weak character motivations.

Oh, and a series I'd like to see rebooted is The World God Only Knows. It's one that could just have a final season to finish off the story, but a reboot would allow them to adapt stuff that they skipped over the first time around.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:41 pm Reply with quote
JoJo and Dio are not on this list.
Khooni

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:26 am Reply with quote
Wow the only anime names I've read in this thread so far are mainstream ones Evil or Very Mad . i am usually a harem guy but the one ship I really dig is Ryner Lute and Ferris Eris from The Legend of Legendary heroes
As far as reboots are concerned I'd rather prefer they dont drop a frickin series in the middle of the story or a cliffhanger!!!*cough* Air Gear *cough*get backers *cough* Chrome Shelled regios*cough *cough* cough*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6