• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami to Run Hellsing Ultimate Finale, Summer Wars, Akira, & FMA, DBZ, Evangelion Films

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
endallchaos wrote:
itachi06103570 wrote:
My question is that will they be airing the Japanese audio version like what was used for cooler's revenge? And how'd they get 9 and 10 of hellsing I though they said they couldn't due to broadcast problems which funimation had problems with as well?

I hope not. I actually like the metal playing in the DBZ: Broly: The legendary super saiyan. The original sounds kinda boring, and I find the music to be pretty bad.

Well the Japanese music is the music that's intended for it. It's the real music of the movie, because it's a movie, not some bad 90s metal music video. Razz

I mean, not like the Japanese music really helps, since it's a Broly movie. Nothing can help a Broly movie. I just don't get the hype.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Still kind of weird looking at the 12:00 slot after 8 years.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Furkat wrote:
Not like I could watch then anyways... DISH Network will be losing my business...

Someone who shares my suffering.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Jex2193 wrote:

I take it they still haven't resolved anything with Turner?
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Great lineup for december. Glad they brought back Full Metal Alchemist and GITS, though I don't think I can stay up that late. Also, I can catch up on Hellsing before they air the last two eps. Looks like I'll be watching a lot of Toonami next month.
endallchaos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
endallchaos wrote:
itachi06103570 wrote:
My question is that will they be airing the Japanese audio version like what was used for cooler's revenge? And how'd they get 9 and 10 of hellsing I though they said they couldn't due to broadcast problems which funimation had problems with as well?

I hope not. I actually like the metal playing in the DBZ: Broly: The legendary super saiyan. The original sounds kinda boring, and I find the music to be pretty bad.

Well the Japanese music is the music that's intended for it. It's the real music of the movie, because it's a movie, not some bad 90s metal music video. Razz

I mean, not like the Japanese music really helps, since it's a Broly movie. Nothing can help a Broly movie. I just don't get the hype.

I guess our preference are just different. I actually think the music (Metal) fits very well. Also, I think all DBZ movies are bad to horrible, but this movie is one of the better ones, in my opinion. Very Happy
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Kinda disappointed with all the reruns. I never saw Sacred Star of Milos, so I guess I'll check it out. Wish they could have gotten Evangelion 3.33
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote
Happy they are running these movies again. I missed out on Akira last time (my DVR screwed up).
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote
I remember seeing Sacred Star of Milos at Anime Expo. Like most anime movies, you'd be lost without knowledge of the source material. It was a good effort--the first half was really interesting and felt fresh, but you can then piece together everything in the second half based on what you saw in the first half. spoiler[That's roughly when the werewolves show up.]

The thing I remember most about that screening, however, was the deafening cheers when Mustang first appeared in the movie.

belvadeer wrote:
Jex2193 wrote:

I take it they still haven't resolved anything with Turner?

Nope. I still can't get Cartoon Network.

I have to wonder if this movie month has anything to do with the Turner dispute. Williams Street was quite active in gathering support to get Cartoon Network back on the DISH Network service, more so than Cartoon Network itself. Thus, December being movie-month may be them biding their time for one more month in hopes a deal could be reached by the end of December.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Nah, it doesn't have anything to do with that. December was a movie month last year too, and even prior to Toonami's revival [as] would frequently throw movies or other special programming on during the holidays. There's not much sense in maintaining a regular schedule at a time of year when many people have too much going on to sit down and watch TV.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:43 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
navycherub wrote:
the-antihero wrote:
How long are they going to run Cowboy Bebop?

Until it stops bringing numbers.

Cowboy Bebop is good and all, but I don't understand how it makes the top anime list ever. I can list over a dozen better shows at the top of my head.

Well that's all fine and dandy but I don't think Toonami really gives a crap about the minority opinion. They're not going to stop airing it because one person on an ANN forum thought he could list over a dozen better shows off the top of his head.

I like Toonami's December movie months, I just wish that Evangelion 3.33 would have came out in time for them to air that alongside the first two, considering that they brought in some good ratings from what I remember. And yes, everyone should watch Summer Wars. I liked Wolf Children more, but anything from Mamoru Hosoda is worth watching. Speaking of that, why don't they play Wolf Children? I don't know what movies they do or don't have, but it always seemed like they had a pretty chummy relationship with Funimation. Maybe Wolf Children isn't harcore enough? I mean, those are generally the types of anime Toonami airs I guess (even though I think they did have a month of Miyazaki once? not entirely sure on that.).
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Probably couldn't afford Wolf Children as the budget is nearly non existent at the moment. it resets in jan
Adamb15

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

The thing I remember most about that screening, however, was the deafening cheers when Mustang first appeared in the movie.

I wasn't there, but I imagine there were an awful lot of yells when they glided by his spoiler[werewolf fight scene] near the end
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3