• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 6 Inseparable Sisters

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
So after seeing all of these... my next questions are:

What series have you never rewatched, because too many feelings...

what series have you avoided watching, because: too many feelings?

with a backlog so long I may never watch it all, there are several series that I own, but haven't finished or skipped, because "maybe someday" Sai Kano being one. I heard about it enough to buy it... and then heard enough to put off watching.

Ano Hana, which is my choice off the list, I have never finished. The reasons are kinda wimpy, in that I watch anime shows for entertainment, and? When I drag ass home from work, I don't really value more stress, even IF I know it's a good story, worth watching.
Somehow I feel like I let the storyteller down, for not letting them tell me the story they needed to get out of their heads.

And then there is another, so short you hafta watch it all through- where you realized that time and space are malevolent in their uncaring for our hearts: Voices of a Distant Star.

On the other hand, is age. This is prolly why several people mentioned they we less emotional when they were teens, than now.
This makes sense from the perspective of experience. When I was a teen, I hadn't had close friends that died, I hadn't experienced life separating you from what/who you desire or love, hadn't known about the long defeat that sometimes happens. I certainly had never felt and heard the wailing of anguish from another person as they watched their friends die.

If you get old enough, you feel all these things and more. Happy stuff? You want to revisit it. You want to watch a show or read a book, that uplifts you. After a tough day taming the hordes of work, laughing stupidly at a sight gag, is just the ticket.

In the same way, a show with characters and story that you care enough to cry about, may take more emotion than you really have in the tank.

So to those story tellers who can wring a tear out of rock, I say: "well played."
Taskforce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
The twins from Otome Youkai Zakuro should have been here. I don't think twins get more inseparable than those 2 sisters. Bonbori and Hoozuki are even in love with the same person, not to mention their past which I won't spoil here.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised that the twin sisters from onegai twins arent in this.

hell i'm more surprised that fuka and fumika arent here. sure their no paper sisters , but those two were definitely close and does everything together.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
- Waiting in the Summer - This was my winner. The scene that leads up to the confession scene is what made this my choice. spoiler[In that scene Tetsurou is comforting Kanna on the side of the road after she yelled at Ichika and sent her off looking for Kaito, essentially throwing her rival into the arms of the man they both love. Meanwhile, behind a shed, Mio sits hugging her knees to her chest and weeping while she listens to the man she loves (Tatsurou) comfort the girl he loves (Kanna).] That is a masterpiece of emotional conflict. The fact that it is followed by spoiler[one of the absolute best confession and kiss scenes ever drawn, with the fantastic "Fourth" and "Fifth" kiss comments. It rivals Toradora's "Again!" / "One more" (depending on the translation).]

I'll be right back, I'm going back to watch one of my favourite anime scenes ever. Laughing
tehyar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:24 am Reply with quote
ArthurFrDent wrote:
So after seeing all of these... my next questions are:

Saikano. I haven't felt like feeling like crap enough to do it again.

ArthurFrDent wrote:
What series have you avoided watching, because: too many feelings?

AnoHana.

I pretty much feel the same way. Most of the time I want to chill and not be stressed out by writing that's designed to make me feel crappy.
I'd rather be lifted up than crushed down.

I guess I must be an extreme outlier with my choice. There were a lot of feels in the list, but the top emo choice for me has always been Elfen Lied. It always comes to mind first. And nobody likes Chobits for it? Thats my close runner up.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
The more mention I see of the Paper Sisters from R.O.D, the more I think I'll probably have to get used copies of Geneon's release instead of waiting for Aniplex to release it again (and goodness who knows when that'll happen...).

Sad
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:35 am Reply with quote
ArthurFrDent wrote:

This does not really qualify because I have not watched it completely, but I will say Elfen Lied.
The first time that I tried to watch Elfen Lied I gave up after two episodes, but that was mostly because of the violence, rather than feelings.
The second time I finished the fourth episode before I quit. That time it was the reaction of the victim to the violence, rather than the violence itself, that bothered me. And then what happened to her after it was apparently over was just too much for me.

Quote:
what series have you avoided watching, because: too many feelings?

Two that I can think of are Grave of the Fireflies and Saikano.
Everything that I have read, especially about GotF makes me think that they are too heavy with negative emotions for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:54 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

I'm not because, and it's not a spoiler, they're not sisters. The title twins are one of them plus the guy.

Fuka, Fumika? I still haven't heard about Tenma and Yakumo from School Rumble so there's plenty of ground to cover before we get to twins {why is it that I can picture the two of them but don't remember what series they're from? Ah, Negima, right?}

A series I've never rewatched {bought} because of too many feelings: Wolf's Rain. Saikano? I haven't looked for it but I'd be more likely to get it, not because I think it's more watchable than Wolf's Rain but because those four damn clip shows in a row make Wolf's Rain less watchable.

The series I've never watched because of what I'd heard: Now and Then, Here and There. It didn't stop me from buying it yet I still haven't worked up enough courage to play it. I love the director's comedies so I have the series but...
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Barbobot wrote:
Too many options that have made me cry in that list, but in the end chose One Piece. Multiple moments that make the tears well up, even on rewatch for the nth time. Nami's backstory and first cry for help, Robin's backstory and declaration to live, Chopper's story and finally joining the crew. And then some happy tears like their farewell to Vivi and Alabasta.

While most of those moments really do get ya (especially Robin's declaration), you seriously named off all of those and no mention of the spoiler[nice boat (aka: goodbye Going Merry, which I find AMAZINGLY impressive since it made me cry for what is MOSTLY an "inanimate object")]?
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
jr0904 wrote:

I'm not because, and it's not a spoiler, they're not sisters. The title twins are one of them plus the guy.

Fuka, Fumika? I still haven't heard about Tenma and Yakumo from School Rumble so there's plenty of ground to cover before we get to twins {why is it that I can picture the two of them but don't remember what series they're from? Ah, Negima, right?}

A series I've never rewatched {bought} because of too many feelings: Wolf's Rain. Saikano? I haven't looked for it but I'd be more likely to get it, not because I think it's more watchable than Wolf's Rain but because those four damn clip shows in a row make Wolf's Rain less watchable.

The series I've never watched because of what I'd heard: Now and Then, Here and There. It didn't stop me from buying it yet I still haven't worked up enough courage to play it. I love the director's comedies so I have the series but...

Well there are also the twin sisters from rozen maiden as well. their as inseparable as the twins from clannad.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5