• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sexual Assault Charges Dropped Against Voice Actor Illich Guardiola

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Color me very surprised that Texas did not send to jail a man for having legally married his wife (yeah, they had sex, that is what married couples do).

Color me *hohum* not surprised at all about all the people here crying foul and saying "I saw him him the other day and and he is not a nice person"; do they not realize that saying that anonymously in a public forum is no different than saying that a friend of your twice removed aunt you only see whenever there is a funeral told you that *gossip, rumors, misinformation and FUD*
MisterLuck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
CatSword wrote:
I can ninety-eight percent guarantee it's all BS.

Vic is great when he's in front of people at a panel or an autograph session.

He's not so great when he's in a restaurant. I've seen him act completely inappropriately at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant right across the street from the Seattle Convention Center during SakuraCon in 2013. The man had a complete breakdown, yelling and screaming into his phone.

So, yes, I can believe the stories about Vic. He's not the saint many think he is.

Everyone gets stressed out. All what matters is he keeps those matters personal and doesn't let them out at events. Speaking of personal were you stalking him?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Well, it sounded like everyone, even the girl's parent consented to the marriage and doesn't want charges filed, so hopefully this is the end of this matter, since their lives are already ruined by this anyway.

Cutiebunny wrote:
CatSword wrote:
I can ninety-eight percent guarantee it's all BS.

He's not so great when he's in a restaurant. I've seen him act completely inappropriately at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant right across the street from the Seattle Convention Center during SakuraCon in 2013. The man had a complete breakdown, yelling and screaming into his phone.

So, yes, I can believe the stories about Vic. He's not the saint many think he is.

Maybe he was phoning in some last minute dub lines... Wink
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
A 41-year-old man marrying a 16-year-old girl is creepy. A 41-year-old man marrying a 16-year-old girl who was a student of his is creepier. Getting married in Vegas with the full blessing (apparently) of the girl's mother to avoid getting arrested is creepiest.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
They talked to Kaytha Coker, she used to be married to him for seven years. She broke up with him because she said he was unfaithful. She said Guardiola called her several weeks ago and asked for the phone number of a brother-in-law, who is an attorney.

He told her that he had been stopped by the police taking a student home and that the officers had seized his phone.

She said he didn't think they could do that. She also said she wasn't shocked by the revelation but she was heartbroken.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Reminds us of this couple!

"Takahashi's bond with wife 24 years younger is stronger than ever"

• Takahashi first met Mifune when she was 13 years old and married her on her 16th birthday.

Hey, at least he married her - instead of just buying her gifts! Laughing

Cutiebunny wrote:

And he'd be doing autographs at next weekend's NY Comic Con and in a panel ya wouldn't expect:

Star Trek at 50: From The Cage to Today

• The man The Los Angeles Times dubbed “the world’s foremost Trekspert,” Mark A. Altman (Free Enterprise) moderates a Panel celebrating five decades since filming began on the first Star Trek pilot. Reflecting on 50 years of boldly going featuring Trek luminaries Scott Mantz (Access Hollywood), Edward Gross ("The Fifty Year Mission"), Vic Mignona (Star Trek Continues), Steve Melching (The Clone Wars), David E. Williams (Geek Magazine) and Chase Masterson (Deep Space Nine) and a few special surprises.

Last edited by enurtsol on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Guy could have went after the mother, but something must be wrong with her, so he tried to go afterthe daughter for fun, and to his surprise....succeeded.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:

I'm pretty sure Troy Baker is the same. He just gives off these....bad vibes.

Joji Takahashi wouldn't happen to be the brother of Yoko Takahashi would he? I know she has a brother, Go. But there's a source that says Rumiko Takahashi is her sister, which I doubt.

Last edited by wonderwomanhero on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
MisterLuck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
A 41-year-old man marrying a 16-year-old girl is creepy. A 41-year-old man marrying a 16-year-old girl who was a student of his is creepier. Getting married in Vegas with the full blessing (apparently) of the girl's mother to avoid getting arrested is creepiest.

Meanwhile, Mary Katherine Schmitz is enjoying a life with her husband. Why is everyone questioning the legality and love of their relationship. Stop being so cynical.
TJ_Kat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:10 pm Reply with quote
The fact that the girl's mother was involved and consented always made me sneakingly suspicious that if there was a non-consensual party to the marriage, it was Illich. That when she found out some 41 year old man was sleeping with her teenage daughter, mama dusted off the old shotgun and informed Illich he would be taking them to Vegas.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
MisterLuck wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Meanwhile, Mary Katherine Schmitz is enjoying a life with her husband. Why is everyone questioning the legality and love of their relationship. Stop being so cynical.

Because we've seen cases in our own lives of what's usually going with a middle-aged teacher and his teenage student. Stop being so naive.
mangamuscle wrote:
Color me very surprised that Texas did not send to jail a man for having legally married his wife (yeah, they had sex, that is what married couples do).

Marital rape. It is a thing. Marriage =/= consent.

Last edited by vashfanatic on Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Knight-Hart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
Cutiebunny wrote:

I'm pretty sure Troy Baker is the same. He just gives off these....bad vibes.

Dude, what's wrong with Troy Baker?

Is it because he's too good looking? It is, isn't it?
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
MisterLuck wrote:
Speaking of personal were you stalking him?

Eww. No. Was in the restaurant with a friend, and like many others, we were sitting the waiting area of the restaurant due to the always-massive wait to eat there during SakuraCon. Vic entered the restaurant, wearing raspberry colored hotpants with black leather strings that both my friend and I thought he was much too old to wear. He stood in the waiting area. His phone rings, he picks up and begins to yell and cuss into his phone, demanding that his schedule be cleared. I glared at him. Seriously. I don't care who you are. Take your call outside, especially if you're going to cuss in a family restaurant.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:38 pm Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
I've heard some not-so-nice things about him.

And that's the problem with a majority of this really - so much, if not all of it, is hear say. Someone once had a friend who's brother's next door neighbor went to a con and random voice actor A didn't answer a question in a way they found satisfactory, so they go online and start spreading vicious rumors about them, without there being a whole lot of proof one way or the other.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote
MisterLuck wrote:
Blood- wrote:

1) We don't know if she is enjoying life with him. All we know is she's not cooperating with the police.

2) Even if she is ecstatically happy with him, a 41-year-old man marrying a 16-year-old girl is inherently creepy. What the hell could they have in common mentally or emotionally?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10