• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Need some help about Bleach and RahXephon

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epixeltwin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:41 am Reply with quote
I have a few questions, and I would be glad if any of you could answer them Very Happy

First about Bleach:
I enjoyed the show alot when I was watching it about one year ago. I stopped watching around episode 60-something, when spoiler[Aizen flees with the menos] and the fillers begin. I really couldn't stand those fillers. Just recently, someone told me that the real storyline had started up again somewhere in the hundreds, and so I wanted to know: what episode should I start at if I don't want to miss any important elements in the storyline (a.k.a when do the fillers stop?)

About RahXephon:
Having just finished watching the series, I want to know about the movie: is it a sequel, is it related to the series, is it kind of like an explanatory OVA, or is it just a short version of the series?

I want to know if I should watch it for X reason, or if it would just spoil the series for me.

thanks a lot
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:56 am Reply with quote
I believe the actual story of Bleach starts at 109, but watch 108 just in case.

And the Rahxzephon movie is just a compilation of the "important" parts of the series and is very very bad. Don't waste your time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:32 am Reply with quote
My copy of RahXephon the movie has the center and either the left or right audio channel flipped on the Japanese track which is really annoying. I usually hate movie compilations of television series, especially when they primarily use reused animation from the series. I think the Gundam Trilogy might be one of the only exceptions where I like the movie better, but then again it is almost 7.5 hours long so it isn't as compressed.

I don't think it will spoil the series for you. Then again I don't think it's worth your time or money either.
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:58 am Reply with quote
I disagree about the RahXephon movie. I certainly wouldn't recommend it if you haven't seen the series because some parts are lost, much like any compilation movie. I think it's good, though, because it does add some parts and brings the focus more onto Ayato and Haruka's relationship instead of being fixed on the mysterious global crisis and mecha battles.
Moros

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:38 am Reply with quote
XVII

Last edited by Moros on Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
epixeltwin

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:56 am Reply with quote
I've seen the series, and what I wanted to know by asking "will it ruin the series for me" is if there's any new material that's bad.

If it's just a recap with some extra elements of romance between Ayato and Haruka and some explanations, I'll watch it.

I was fearing some kind of sequel that would kind of make the cute little epilogue at the end of the series go down in flames, as Gundam Seed Destiny did with Gundam Seed.

So thanks, I think I'll watch it since the series left me so awed, even if it's just a simple recap. The extra material is certainly worth my buck IMHO, because it is one of the best shows I have ever watched, if not my favorite.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:41 pm Reply with quote
epixeltwin wrote:
I've seen the series, and what I wanted to know by asking "will it ruin the series for me" is if there's any new material that's bad.

If it's just a recap with some extra elements of romance between Ayato and Haruka and some explanations, I'll watch it.

I was fearing some kind of sequel that would kind of make the cute little epilogue at the end of the series go down in flames, as Gundam Seed Destiny did with Gundam Seed.

So thanks, I think I'll watch it since the series left me so awed, even if it's just a simple recap. The extra material is certainly worth my buck IMHO, because it is one of the best shows I have ever watched, if not my favorite.

Yes, the RahXephon movie is just a different take on the same events though it ends somewhat differently. It's compressed and doesn't have much new stuff or as much impact the series does. Still I enjoyed it and it's worth watching for the brief love scene if nothing else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1