• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Is the Order a Rabbit?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
Mako's Japanese voice sounds like she's half-way asleep in pretty much all of her lines.

That you take her for only a 'soft voiced loli' pretty much says it all.

Enjoy your dubs. No point in continuing this discussion any further when your auditory perception is already proven to be markedly different than mine.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:34 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Mako's Japanese voice sounds like she's half-way asleep in pretty much all of her lines.

That you take her for only a 'soft voiced loli' pretty much says it all.

Enjoy your dubs. No point in continuing this discussion any further when your auditory perception is already proven to be markedly different than mine.

Nope, I'm with Marthkoopa on this one: Molly Searcy's Mako is a lot more distinct than ... Yuka Iguchi. The only regular cast member of GuP I like is Misato Fukuen as Anju.

Don't bring up Caitlynn French...

Anyway, another Girls doing things is licensed. Ok, I'll watch it but as usually, if it's not dubbed, I won't buy it. The dub version is going to be streamed for at least a decade, give me incentive to buy the home release.

It's like I have to draw these people a picture of a dollar sign for them to get the point...
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:27 am Reply with quote
You've got to be kidding me. If you are incapable of discerning Japanese voices, the problem lies with YOU, not with the women doing the voices. How is it that other people can perfectly recognize Japanese voice actresses, if they all "sound the same"? Just be honest and admit your hearing capabilities are below average.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:25 am Reply with quote
The latter discussion in this thread made me LOL, literally. I really burst out in laughter for a good 5 seconds.

Japanese seiyuu don't have any range? Compared to what? Because if you're comparing to American voice actors you're most definitely off in la-la land.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:13 pm Reply with quote
delete

Last edited by MarthKoopa on Tue May 28, 2024 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:41 am Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
It's nearly impossible to tell Actresses apart when they are directed to use certain voice types. It's a serious problem with moe shows.

No, it isn't. I don't even know what you are talking about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3