• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter X Hunter (TV 2011).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 122:

Another stellar episode with fantastic development. spoiler[The 'fight' itself so far has only started but I really like the way the King has developed and his philosophy when he was talking to Netero. Damn, I never thought I might say this but I'm rooting for the King now. I'm also starting to like Youpi during his conversation with Pouf. Still, I dislike Pouf out of all the Royal Guards so far.]

Looking for more in this arc~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
born2die

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Pouf is utterly the weakest of the Royal Guards. Youpi is probably my favorite thus far. spoiler[Youpi's understanding and his ability to gain experience in a fight wasn't something I expected. Pouf can see that the King's ways are changing and I really can't see him sticking around. I think Pouf is going to go off and do his own thing. He is too self absorbed.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 123:

Damn, no spoiler[Netero vs. Chimera King this episode. I guess we'll have to wait for another day. This show seems to love Ikalgo so he got most of the screen time when he's fighting against Wolfin this episode. Those centipedes] were disgusting though but I get the purpose of it after watching the second half.

spoiler[And we find out what happened to Palm this episode. Based on the PV, I'm guessing that it was Pouf that captured and turned her into an Ant. Also, is Killua going to fight her? Judging on PV, maybe so.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:50 am Reply with quote
The King can be one scary guy when he wants to.
spoiler[Ikalgo was pretty pathetic.]
His hesitation only brought him more trouble.
spoiler[Welfin] forced him into a corner and got the short end of the stick.
It's nice to see that little octopus can still surprise.
Yet again, the main event is stalled...
I just can't seem to wait to see Gon and the King fight!!
And what happened to spoiler[Palm]?!
Can't wait to see more of that too!
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode #123: Octopus character is super annoying:

spoiler[He had no issues with intent to kill Killua, but now he can not kill a bad mutant insect?

And, why he does not just kill wolf-insect so Nen-centipedes would just disappear? While the goal to find out whether the witch woman is held is important, his primary goal is to keep his friends safe and killing wolf-insect would be the best way to go with both this goal and saving own life.]
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
spoiler[And, why he does not just kill wolf-insect so Nen-centipedes would just disappear?]

You must not have been paying attention. It's been said, multiple times, that killing someone does not guarantee that their Nen abilities will disappear, at all. In fact, killing someone while they have their ability active may cause that remaining Nen to become even stronger, leading to various nasty consequences.

This is why the Phantom Troupe has been looking for a Nen remover instead of plotting to murder Kurapika. (Normally the later option would be more up their alley.)

Last edited by Darkmagick on Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Palm's ultimate transformation.
Killua's charge up & unexpected encounter.
His behavior was too naive and reckless.
Her new powers were pretty cool.
I thoroughly enjoyed their fight.
Killua's emotional outburst was surprising.
Guess he was all bottled up with feelings.
Looks like that helped Palm to get a grip.
Great episode!]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I really liked the encounter between Palm and Killua. Palm really rose in my estimation of her as a person. She was spoiler[unexpectedly gentle and understanding with Killua.]

Good episode. Looks like we'll be back to the King vs. Chairman fight next week.
SodaPop65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Every new episode drags the show closer to the point of "hiatus" (honestly at this point he needs to just say he abandoned it)

so damn sad
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 124:

Poor Killua ;.; and I just want to say that spoiler[Palm] looks badass in just about anything. But from this episode, I think I can establish the fact that Pouf is the most evil out of all the Chimera Ants and even the King himself.

At any rate, looking forward to the upcoming fights.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 125:

That was awesome. The first half felt a little slow but like some of the previous episodes, I liked the psychological aspect of it. I'm still not liking Pouf though....

Anyways, the fight between spoiler[Netero vs. Mereum was finally on. About time. And I loved it every single second of it ranging from Netero's moves, the OST, and even bits of the flashback. The best part is probably at the end with Netero's pose there imo. Pure GOLD.]
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
If you haven't read through all the Manga, Stark you are still in for a big treat. Gon and the results of this arc are amazing. This series still has another 100 episodes or so before you have to worry about the wall we are all facing now.

Pouf sucks and you will hate him even more so in the next bunch of upcoming eps.

Netero vs Meruem is so so good.

Thing I enjoy about this series is that just when something becomes predictable....they switch it on us. I love HxH for that.

I got to ep 114 before i jumped to the manga to get current. I kind of regret it and am now comparing the original OVA series to the 2011 one.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Well, your post just got me pumped up for next week, Shadowrun20XX. Quite a big actually, especially after I took a peek at the PV too.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Gon is scary awesome in his ultra serious mode.
He read the situation perfectly.
Pitou was visibly spoiler[concerned.]
She quickly realized what needs to be done.
The dramatic action towards the episode end was awesome!
Still, he's gonna need bigger "guns" to deal with the spoiler[King].
His next attack just got spoiler[the king pissed off..]
Can't wait to see that fight continue!
javg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:05 pm Reply with quote
I never thought that I'd be saying this, but, I'm grateful for all those manga hiatuses. They made me forget a lot of things, and now it seems like I'm watching almost a new show Smile

I didn't like the pace of the last episodes, but the second part of the last one was completely epic, everything was just perfect. Can't wait to see the complete fight!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 44 of 52