• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Can't Wait 'Till Summer Vacation?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChaoticAnimeFan

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I really just can't wait for summer vacation to come! I'm going to buy the first DVD of the anime, Eureka Seven, since I didn't ever get to see it on Adult Swim, on Cartoon Network.

I can't wait to be able to see this anime, on DVD! Very Happy

Well, anyways, back to the reason I have posted this thread... lol

The reason I have posted this thread is you to discuss what yourself will be doing over the summer, and what anime you'll probably be watching, usually. Just, basically, have fun and feel free to post anything that relates to this thread! Smile

DO NOT FORGET TO POST SPOILER WARNINGS, IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPOIL AN ANIME'S PLOT!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Also, please remember not to post anything that relates to the following dialog: "Well...I didn't read the thread, but here's my info on it anyway..." If you post this you will be banned by the administrators, so don't forget to see the annoucements that are given at the top of the Anime forums page! Thanks, in advance! Very Happy [/b]
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote
During summer...there's too much things to watch but I'm probably going to summer school(not cause I'm failing anything, I just want to get english done with a.s.a.p.) and getting a job so I can buy some more dvds and probably get a laptop. Also I'm probably going to do what Konata Izumi ,from Lucky ☆ Star, would do...play mmorpgs :3
sizzlin_chiken

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Ahhhh summer is just around the corner isn't it. Well we only have 15 days of school left which means 3 weeks and i'm extremely excited. I don't know about what to do yet. I know that i'm going to play on a bball traveling team, do some tennis lessons, and play some soccer too so hopefully I have some time to stick anime in there. I may love anime but I also love playing sports so yea.
calawain

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:04 pm Reply with quote
My summer vacation started today as my last final was yesterday afternoon. While I'll be working full time this summer I still hope to pick up more anime then I've had the time for during the year. I think you'll enjoy the first DVD of Eureka 7, it creates a nice setup to the rest of that wonderful series.
Stupidman007

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:37 pm Reply with quote
gosh, although I'm already technically in summer, I still take classes which equals about 4-5 hours per day including transportation until August. But then again, it doesn't really matter to me because I always get more dose of anime than I should be no matter what the circumstances are. I'm currently following like 10 different series from this Spring season, and am also trying to focus on getting in shape. If I ever get the motivation back, I'll be playing some WoW too.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Must be nice to have a summer vacation. Sad Even when in school I stopped having those once I hit High School. Had to work during the summer. So for me summer means nothing really changes past my normal day to day life. I'm simply hotter now thanks to the humidity. Evil or Very Mad
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Summer loses alot of meaning when youre outta school and working. The upside is i have a decent amount of money to spend any time.

Ill probly be seeing Black Lagoon and Ergo Proxy next.
Sarene

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Ya, just as ikillchicken and psyho101 said, once you aren't on a school schedule, and a work schedule instead, you completely forget about summer. In fact, the only thing that is significant about summer is that things are getting harder to do as the heat picks up. So nothing will change. Sigh.
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Must be nice to have a summer vacation. Sad Even when in school I stopped having those once I hit High School. Had to work during the summer. So for me summer means nothing really changes past my normal day to day life. I'm simply hotter now thanks to the humidity. Evil or Very Mad

That pretty much sums up my feelings on it... only I didn't work in HS so the pressure of having a job is just hitting me now. Most of my classes are over and I'm not taking any during the summer so it looks like mine will be work, work, and more work. And we just got a new AC system at work so I can at least look forward to spending the humid Houston summer in a nice cool office Cool .

As for what I'll be watching... it's going to be a lot. I'm following about 14 (Shocked) series via fansubs and I'm collecting the singles for about 7 shows so with those and my decent size backlog I should have plenty to watch. I know for certain that I'd like to get through Heat Guy J, Fancy Lala, and Gasaraki but I'll have to see where I want to go from there.
jetz

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quote
My summer vacation is almost over.. I have less than 2 weeks left.. I do have to say though that this summer was very "productive" - well, in terms of anime anyway.. I am able to finish 12 series so far, and I'm gonna make the best out of the remaining two weeks.. This is my last summer vacation too - I might be switching to a work vacation in a year..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:28 am Reply with quote
I am taking one of my 2 weeks of vacation for the week of Otakon though. My birthday is a week or so before it so the actually party, just friends drinking really, will be that week along with the usual family birthday routine. The I get to go to a con and relax for a day after it before I go back to my normal hell. I do the same routine in winter for my winter con, Nekocon.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:46 am Reply with quote
I graduate high school June 22, so I still have a ways to go, especially going through AP testing right now, but I plan to play lots of games and catch up on all the ones I bought, but never beat...Like The Wind Waker...
BigSmokin

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:53 am Reply with quote
I can't wait. I'm going to try and get a job, if my parents can give me a ride (I'm a teenager, just so you know, I'm not a 30 year old loser who still lives with his parents). I want to buy the rest of the G.I.T.S: S.A.C series and the Samurai Champloo series, and buy some more manga because I'm buying my very first manga either today or tomorrow. I can't stand only getting $15 a week for chores, I want to get a job that pays.....probably around $70 for a 14-year-old, since young teenagers can only work a certain amount of hours a day.
ChaoticAnimeFan

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:39 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for my summer! Smile For me, I'm going to be watching, at least, 4 anime series, on DVD! I'm also going to try to get a part-time job, in order to get myself some more anime DVDs, drawing utensils (because I need to get caught up with my drawing and post them on deviantART Cool ), and a laptop! Razz

I can't wait for summer vacation to come! Its going to be so great to not have to go to school for another 3 months! *sigh* Especially, because we are moving to Florida! Very Happy

I need to start drawing anime, though, I've already started my first drawing of the Eureka Seven manga! I just wish the other volumes of the manga would come out, so I can just buy them all at once!

I don't need to worry about my weight, since I only eat a meal a day, which is, usually, a glass of blood, and something else (like pasta, or nachos, or something)! lol Smile
Truered

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Arrow Two more weeks of school left

Ever!!!

Then exams until the 22nd of June.

Then about two months holiday until i hopefully go off to University. As well as all of the normal things, I intend on reading some of my 60+ backlog of unread manga titles, and depending on how I feel, may attempt an Evangelion marathon along with EoE. Though I may have to get some sleep so as not to arouse suspicion.

As well as keeping/getting new part time job, worrying about results and possibly buying a laptop.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7