• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigger Makes Anime of Inou-Battle in the Usually Daze Comedy Novels

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote
Luckily enough for those of us who like "generic" romance/harem Light Novel adaptions, the folks in Japan really don't give a flying flip about the opinions of anyone including myself on this board.

"Generic" harem sells, as do "generic" Light Novel adaptaions, one of the highest selling works in the last few years is both a harem and a light novel adaptations, Monogatari. Shows like Dxd and Infinite Stratos have strong sales two seasons in, and LNs of each have only increased in sales. And then you also have Index/Railverse.

If you don't like this genre then don't evne bother coming into the thread. I don't care for all girl moe, but I don't have a problem with them making 20 series that all seem to involve underage girls battling it out in war games, having idol shenanigans, or piloting mechs. It appeals to some demographic, and its not like them making something like Upotte prevents other shows I do like from coming out. Anime is not a zero sum game, the show you like will either come or not, the Upotte and Inou-Battles not responsible if they don't.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:19 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

"Generic" harem sells, as do "generic" Light Novel adaptaions,

Generic anything sells. That's why Hollywood sells all around the world and eclipses anything else, including anime. (People should stop complaining about Hollywood.)
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:34 am Reply with quote
Sounds like a major step down from Kill La Kill, but hey, bills and a reputable studio. We'll see.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:08 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I hope they actually animate this one! Razz

(oh, come on! Purposefully or not, Kill La Kill does not win any awards for the actual animation)

Most of my enjoyment of the recent Kill la Kill episodes has been from spotting the near-constant reused animation loops, pans, and stills. They make up at least 75% of an episode. Not sure if it's due to laziness or budget, but it's one of the worst animated shows in recent years in terms of animation.
Fipse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:20 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:

If you don't like this genre then don't evne bother coming into the thread.

If you don't like to read critical posts about an upcoming anime, don't visit a public forum Wink
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:31 am Reply with quote
The wonderful thing about Trigger
Is Trigger's a wonderful thing!
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:34 am Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. Wonder if the light novel's character designs will be used in the actual anime.

Hopefully it will skew away from harem territory. Either way I will give it a chance.
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
Ugh... On the fence with this one. It's Trigger, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. They gotta pay the bills somehow.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:52 am Reply with quote
It's clearly a cash-in to ensure a safer budget. Almost all studios make shows like these that pander to the Japanese moe/harem audiences that are so terribly influential.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
It sounds like my kinda thing and I'm always up for LN adaptions. Trigger though? Eh. Fills me with dread. It can't be any worse than Kill La Kill though is what I'm thinking.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
Im in if its from Trigger
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:35 am Reply with quote
Ironic just the other day I was debunking the idea that Trigger would animate a certain LN series and this this is announced. Laughing

Well I did have some fun with Kill la Kill as it turned out (even f I still don't care about Ryuko) So this will only be a matter of whether I find what they animate entertaining or not. either way if it gives trigger money to do actual animation for their shows I'm all for it.
Z-Raid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
Wow, I never expected Trigger to be adapting an anime like this but it's understandable. Gotta pay the bills somehow.

I might give the first episode a shot when it comes out. I'd like to see if Trigger will be able to inject their own style and flavor to a series that otherwise sounds pretty generic.
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
???

Trigger's previous stuff so far is

Little Witch Academia: Cute witch girls doing cute witch things
Kill la Kill: Busty, curvy high schoolers don sexy outfits and have fanservice fights

A LN harem seems up their alley given their resume for cute/sexy girls.
fullmetalhollow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
I hope they actually animate this one! Razz

(oh, come on! Purposefully or not, Kill La Kill does not win any awards for the actual animation)

Most of my enjoyment of the recent Kill la Kill episodes has been from spotting the near-constant reused animation loops, pans, and stills. They make up at least 75% of an episode. Not sure if it's due to laziness or budget, but it's one of the worst animated shows in recent years in terms of animation.

Holy shit guys you really have to get a clue. For one thing your blowing the reused animation/stills way out of proportion it's not even close to that amount. And secondly Kill la kill is easily one of the best animated animes out there. There are so many brilliant bits of animation sprinkled all over this show, they're animating stuff that other studios could only dream of. The animation in kill la kill is just so full of life (animation after all means bringing something to life), theyre actually animating characters to have believable performances rather then just being talking heads (which is 90% of animes). As an animator myself and one who's frame by frame analyzed this show as well as others, I just can't sit back when I see comments like this, they're just so uninformed... To sum it up the two reasons that set KLK's animation above the rest of the pack are 1. It's full of life 2. the animation itself is extremely inventive.

Now back to the actual topic at hand. Gotta say it's not the kind of project I'd hoped Trigger would be working on next. I'll check it out for sure because Trigger is the most interesting anime studio out there right now for me. Looking forward to LWA2 waaaaay more then this though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4