• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Magical Idol Pastel Yumi Episodes 1 - 6 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:12 am Reply with quote
Less than one day and Pastel Yumi is currently at $6,195 of $18,000
http://animesols.com/videos/142
It needs only $11,805 to reach it's goal which can be done if all Pastel Yumi fans start pledging. We need either 48 novas, 79 super pulsars, 119 pulsars, 158 super cores, or 296 cores or lots and lots of boosters. I'd certainly like to see Pastel Yumi succeed since it's a fun series.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:54 am Reply with quote
It's not really less than a day, since the way they count is kind of weird. When it says 1 "days" left, that means there's still another 24 hours until it goes into the countdown of another 24 hours. So it'll end on Monday night.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote
I'm not bettin' high on its success, but I admire the fans who've pushed it to this level thus far.
BonnKansan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:23 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
It's not really less than a day, since the way they count is kind of weird. When it says 1 "days" left, that means there's still another 24 hours until it goes into the countdown of another 24 hours. So it'll end on Monday night.

Correct, it's basically "1 day and change" left.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I guess it's best to say 1 day before the final countdown. As of right now Pastel Yumi is at $6,605 of $18,000 with 103 supporters. So it needs only $11,395 to reach it's goal. That'll be either 47 Novas, 78 super pulsars, 116 pulsars, 155 super cores, or 290 cores or lots of boosters.
It still has a chance to make it if any combo of those pledgers start pledging.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:31 pm Reply with quote
If it doesn't work out, I hope Sols considers my suggestion to crowdfund the entire series in one set. I have a feeling people don't want to do this multiple times for a show which is only 25 episodes.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:29 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
If it doesn't work out, I hope Sols considers my suggestion to crowdfund the entire series in one set. I have a feeling people don't want to do this multiple times for a show which is only 25 episodes.

Well, if 150 more people or so are in that camp, it might work... But that would also make the minimum pledge $80, so you might get some of the 100 who pledged at $40 dropping out...

We'll see how it works out with Polymar.

Not that I've given up hope yet! Still 24 hours to go (a little less actually).
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:31 am Reply with quote
They'd likely have more luck going for the entire show in one set on Kickstarter, but I suppose they lose their website autonomy at the cost of gaining visibility to people not in the know, those who don't visit anime news sites or anime forums. What helped Mami, which isn't helping Yumi, is prior exposure with fansubs since 06-07, thus a fanbase which already existed and might not necessarily carry over between the Pierrot series. Good luck with Magical Emi, it may have a better shot. I find it funny that Live-eviL are moving as briskly as they possibly can to get more episodes of that show subbed before they drop it, which means about an episode every month and a half on average.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:44 am Reply with quote
sam: Eighty bucks might not be a bad deal for people who don't want to pay for the higher tiers.

walw: Again, if fansubs were that helpful, there'd be a lot more people making pledges. Yumi seems to have a better fanbase than some of the other shows, though. So I think the reason it's not doing as well as Mami is people are still waiting on the Mami DVDs before getting anything else.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Not to mention everybody hardly has any cash left after pledging for Creamy Mami and Oniisama e...
We need lots of new people to make up for it. As of right now $6,610 so it needs to raise $11,390 in less than 12 hours to succeed. We're going to need at least 46 nova pledgers or tons of boosters.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
walw: Again, if fansubs were that helpful, there'd be a lot more people making pledges. Yumi seems to have a better fanbase than some of the other shows, though. So I think the reason it's not doing as well as Mami is people are still waiting on the Mami DVDs before getting anything else.

Well, those Tezuka films, the Yattermans, and Blue Blink didn't have fansubs. Tobikage and Tekkaman were probably competing against each other at the time, bur none of these were even remotely close to succeeding whereas Black Jack and Mami were.

I still think the reason it's not doing as well is because Mami and Yumi aren't equal shows. Mami is more well known and more liked.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
walw: Some of them do have fansubs, actually. You can find 'em on Youtube. The rest have been streaming on Viki for a while now. I will agree with the "more liked" aspect of Mami, though. Yumi's kind of cute at times, but generic as hell the other times.
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote
With 7 hours left we need either 46 nova pledgers or about 1,500 people donating $10 to reach the goal!
Too bad there isn't a way for international people to just donate. Even if they can't receive the goods on AnimeSols, they can still get it from RightStuf and Amazon which ships worldwide.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if the lack of super large packages is keeping Yumi down as well, on top of all the other points we've speculated on. With Mami, a handful of contributors put in probably about a quarter to a third of the total; $1,500 or $1,000 boosts were very noticeable.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Less than two hours to go and $7.025 fulfilled. Sad Sucks if it doesn't make it, but you can't say there wasn't a significant demand for it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3