• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Updated PokeRap Leaves Singer Desperate For Air

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh...

I've been consdering doing this for YEARS... but I was too scared to ask for help...

The one I had in mind would have been more in the style of the Johto Pokerap with more than one person rapping, as it went on it would have had all of the singers gradually get angry or go insane (one highlight I planning was one of them eventually reduced using Gotta Catch 'em all as a madness mantra with a crazed laugh).

Alas College Humor beat me before I could work up the nerve to recruit fans to do it...
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Hehe, by the end there the writer was more than just out of breath. A little dark and twisted. Twisted Evil I've heard a couple different new versions of the Pokerap, but this is my favorite since the original by far.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
LOL, this is just hilarious, I praise collegehumor for doing this. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IchigoKurosakiHollowfi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Lmao

*claps*

This is the only other pokerap i have heard sense the first one. It was awesome Anime hyper haha
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote
This was definitely interesting to see and the idea was very welcome, but to be honest, the singer started exaggerating his exhaustion a bit too early. Like, if you're going to have such a long, exhausting song, don't start the joke so far toward the beginning that every intermission part past the second half of the rap sounds like you're beating a dead horse...
smilewolfy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how the singers gonna react when he realizes he forgot the three hidden legendaries in X/Y
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
smilewolfy wrote:
I wonder how the singers gonna react when he realizes he forgot the three hidden legendaries in X/Y

They're gonna make him do it all over again...
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
This came up since last week and it was very hilarious for the most part, although the whole "we have your son and will kill you both if you don't rap 200 more Pokemon" was a bit disturbing and kind of killed the joke for me. Still when he starts with "I'm tired, are there many more left?" "638", it was hilarious
grooven

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote
I had no idea they had this many, I only knew of 150 back in the day.
Fennekin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:29 pm Reply with quote
I had no idea ANN had been reduced to posting crappy parodies, anime-related or not. Like seriously, I come here for OFFICIAL news, not for video recommendations. That's what my YouTube account is for.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote
Fennekin wrote:
I had no idea ANN had been reduced to posting crappy parodies, anime-related or not. Like seriously, I come here for OFFICIAL news, not for video recommendations. That's what my YouTube account is for.

At ease. Just a bit of fun here and there.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:48 am Reply with quote
Fennekin wrote:

If you want news, read the articles titled news, and ignore the ones titled "INTEREST." They're even color-coded for convenience.

Also, ANN has been posting Interest articles for years. It's amazing how many people still seem to only just discover this fact, in order to complain about it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quote
Only a vocaloid can do that without putting itself in harm's way. Wink
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:03 am Reply with quote
The most amazing thing is that I know the name of the majority. Except the VI generation, because I haven't played the game (I don't have 3DS)
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
smilewolfy wrote:

I also fon't recall seeing Unknown passby. Could just have been after one of the more excessive breaks before unfocusing to make keeping up easier.

If not for all those joke breaks it might serve as a good primer for parents who do not play but want to at least be able to make passing remarks without getting names wrong.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2