• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Series Called: "My Balls"

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:16 pm Reply with quote
It's er, not good I agree, but it's really entertaining for some odd reason. The concept...hasn't been done before, and there's potential for cheesy yet endearing character development which may make this series actually worthwhile.

Also the original Japanese title is much more harmless-sounding to our gaijin ears: "Oretama".
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
So then, this isnt just an unfortunate name. This is infact a series about someones balls?

Okay...
Eruanna

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:31 am Reply with quote
You have no idea how funny this looks to me. Maybe I just have a wierd sence of humor. I dont like hentai, and I generaly stay away from sexual content but..... Anime hyper Come on! Theres a demon living in his testicle?! HILARITY. I think it would almost be worth reading just for the level of absudity! Almost.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quote
That sounds freaking hysterical!!! I don't really read hentai, but I will if it seems this funny. Please tell me it's actually funny and that no one is taking it seriously.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quote
Okay, now that the link has been vastly improved I will say that this looks funny and interesting at the same time now. That summary is just whack.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I remember posting a thread about this series a ways back when the first chapter was just released through scanlations. Got a few moderators heated. Laughing

I only stumbled upon it because the same group was doing Vagabond, so suffice to say I was taken aback by the premise. Taking into account that it runs in the same magazine as Futari Ecchi, I think plenty of its male readers take some real enjoyment from the monthly installments.

jgreen wrote:
I found a scanlation of the first chapter (the only scanlation I've ever read, actually Shocked ) and yes, it's every bit as awful as you think it would be.

I wouldn't quite say it's that bad. If you can sit back and enjoy perverted humor every now and then, it's enjoyable in a (very, extremely, horribly) twisted sense.

That and, well, I'd sooner consider Tough to be a candidate for the worst ever manga than My Balls.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quote
Well that was an interesting read, thank you to jgreen and KAtchan 15 for the information of this series. Weird, but not hentai. To me, it would be a waste of my time and money to try and find this series, it's way too up there Shocked
Levitz9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:04 am Reply with quote
KAtchan15 wrote:
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Possibly, but if I remember correctly his penor only has sharp, pointy teeth. No face. And it's pretty scary looking when it gnashes its teeth; it looks like some kind of ferocious Dick-a-saurus. Must be pretty hard for him to pee... Shocked
Shocked teeth? his thing has teeth?!?that's Horrifying! I want to see it though...and Anime hyper haha Dick-a-saurus.!! I really want to read it though. It's so peculiar, such wild imagination the creator of that manga has.

0_o

Oh, god, the inhumanity of it all....
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Well that was an interesting read, thank you to jgreen and KAtchan 15 for the information of this series. Weird, but not hentai. To me, it would be a waste of my time and money to try and find this series, it's way too up there Shocked
You're welcome. Wink
It [Oretama] wasn't as funny as I expected. It was ok [below average but tolerable to a certain extent]. Anime smile + sweatdrop I enjoyed it a bit.

Levitz9 wrote:
Oh, god, the inhumanity of it all....
Lol! Anime hyper
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
What's sad is that with all the ridiculous hentai comedy manga I've seen around over the years, this strangely doesn't phase me. There's a demon in his dong...I've seen worse, which scares me, actually. Laughing

Question: How would that idea fly by the censorship laws in place? The "character' would spend what, 100% of the time in mosaic or covered up??
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
What's sad is that with all the ridiculous hentai comedy manga I've seen around over the years, this strangely doesn't phase me. There's a demon in his dong...I've seen worse, which scares me, actually. Laughing

Question: How would that idea fly by the censorship laws in place? The "character' would spend what, 100% of the time in mosaic or covered up??

You don't see the demon. It's just accepted that it's there.

The series is...entertaining. Stupid, but entertaining.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Eruanna

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You don't see the demon. It's just accepted that it's there.

Yes yah dooo Smile spoiler[Theres one scene where she appears to him in his dream so she can personaly give him a wet dream.]
And at one point in time, spoiler[it shows a chibi picture of her, with little sperms swiming around her, and she's saying "Ever since that day Iv been covered in your saved up sperm!" To which he replys, "Well... uh... that sucks to be you..."]
I found it to be signifigantly less funny then I had hoped. The above chibi dialoge was the only really funny thing in there, or at least the only one that succeded in making me laugh. I wont be reading more of this. >_>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bennyb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:13 am Reply with quote
coolerimmortal wrote:

The sad thing is, this makes me want to read it.
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
bennyb wrote:
coolerimmortal wrote:

The sad thing is, this makes me want to read it.

Go for it. It's better than a lot of the shonen romance drivel that's so popular nowadays (I'm looking at you, Ichigo 100%!).

It still sucks, of course, but at least it's amusing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quote
It does suck, but it's amusing at the same time. Like at the end of the first chapter spoiler[when he realized he can't masturbate for a month, or else the Terror Queen will be released thus destroying the world. ]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3