• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you read your manga on?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:34 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Not a Jellyfish"]You know those R&B songs that sing about doing it anywhere....Yeah, that's like me and manga. I'm never without manga or some other book. I'm the person you see on campus reading while walking to class (yes, walking), I read between class, occasionally during >_<In>_< then I think there's a problem with the whole experience heh. Kudos though for one of the most original "places" to read though.
demonkinsin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Toilet some times.

But I also enjoy reading on my stationary bike. It's hands free so i can easily work out and read my manga at the same time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:40 pm Reply with quote
demonkinsin wrote:
Toilet some times.

Ya know, it is simply amazing how many people read their manga there.

What is it? The only quiet time you guys get? Confused
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
demonkinsin wrote:
Toilet some times.

Away from you women, yea sometimes it is Wink
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:07 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:
demonkinsin wrote:
Toilet some times.

Brat! Wink Very Happy

Guys = people, jeez Laughing
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:24 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:

Anime hyper haha! Yeah...our complaints gets infuriating sometimes. [We know it too]

I read manga's anywhere, on the couch , on a chair beside a desk with a lamp, on my bed, on my roof top, on the bench in the park , in front of the computer.

And yes, on the toilet of course [ women do it too. lol] Basically, just anywhere I feel comfortable I guess. Although I have this Issue with lighting, if the lighting is a bit dim, somehow I can't stand it.

Just like when I watch anime, I find myself always wanting to watch in the dark. Dark=horror dark. LOL I enjoy it more somehow , can't really watch it with anyone either [I tried], it bothers the crap out of me [watching anime=my alone time Evil or Very Mad ]. Very Happy
demonkinsin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:43 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
demonkinsin wrote:
Toilet some times.

Well, its quiet, and there is a small chance anyone will bother you. But also, might as well make the best out of your time, with school and a job, I have to make the best out of every minute I have.

I often find myself doing multiple things at once and reading on the toilet is one of them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
aya_honda

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:45 am Reply with quote
demonkinsin wrote:
LydiaDianne wrote:
demonkinsin wrote:
Toilet some times.

Well, its quiet, and there is a small chance anyone will bother you. But also, might as well make the best out of your time, with school and a job, I have to make the best out of every minute I have.

I often find myself doing multiple things at once and reading on the toilet is one of them.

And I think that it's also a thing with how crowded your house is. In my case it's like this: we are many family members (we are too many siblings Very Happy) and occasionally not even my room is my room anymore and therefore my only refuge would be the bathroom. Well, not exactly on the john, but usually in the bathtub (whether with water or without) Wink Laughing
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:

Brat! Wink Very Happy

Guys = people, jeez Laughing

Uh huh sure it meant people in general Wink

Never thought I'd be explaining why I read in the bathroom, but here it goes. As many have stated it's a personal safety zone. The bathroom is the Switzerland of your house. It's the neutral area where no one can bother you, theoretically. I've got a touch of OCD and one of the times it kicks in is with the bathroom. It has to be clean, neat, orderly. I clean the bathroom weakly. Well to me it's also safe territory. When you're in there, for whatever reason, you're supposed to be veiled in privacy. So for me it's a perfect spot to read. Hell, I've even been stressed enough at times that I say I'm going to the bathroom when in reality it's just an excuse to go read without being bothered.

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Sarene

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:20 am Reply with quote
Two places: If I actually have the manga, I'm usually lounging on my bed with music playing. If I have scans on my computer, then I'm sitting at my desk with music playing.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:33 am Reply with quote
Looking back at what I said earlier in the thread, I never said where I read my manga. These days though I've been discovering some new and interesting spots to read my manga, as well as some old and comfortable places. A lot of times I read my manga when I'm laying on my bed, cause it's a nice place to be. Other places I've been getting at recently have been classrooms, in my car, Book Off, and on top of my car while I'm having a smoke.
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:44 am Reply with quote
Bathroom, a different bathroom, my room, dentist's office, in the dentist chair (ya I did), car, resturaunt, the resturaunt's bathroom, in the living room, in the den, Under the Tuscan Sun, at school, in the bathroom at school, at a job interview, with my soon-to-be boss, I wasn't hired, Jamn.....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
aya_honda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:

Never thought I'd be explaining why I read in the bathroom, but here it goes. As many have stated it's a personal safety zone. The bathroom is the Switzerland of your house. It's the neutral area where no one can bother you, theoretically.

Wow, I would have never thought to make this comparison, but you're absolutely right.

Well, just the other day manga proved also fantastic when you forget your keys and you have to wait for your brother to come and pick you up. And it's raining outside, temperatures reaching almost zero and you are in stupid bus station where the wind blows and you're thinking this is not supposed to be happening. This is what I was thinking yesterday, soaked and frozen, with that piece of manga in one hand and an umbrella in the other.

I am officially gone. Twisted Evil
Levitz9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quote
My bed.

Via lamplight.

With a nice cup of water.

And a snack nearby. Preferrably sunflower seeds.

Heaven Anime smile...
Treetastic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Paper.

Hn... a couch, usually. Maybe on my bed, but not unless I'm reading it a second or third time.

Quote:
Never thought I'd be explaining why I read in the bathroom, but here it goes. As many have stated it's a personal safety zone. The bathroom is the Switzerland of your house. It's the neutral area where no one can bother you, theoretically.

At least six people who use my bathroom on any given day. I'm not bringing manga in there. (Although I entirely agree).
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7