• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What do you read your manga on?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cnile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote
some of my locations include:
1. at work (on break of course, but sometimes not)
2. standing in the kitchen while cooking
3. couch
4. floor
5. coffee table
6. back porch
7. when i have to go to the DMV (having a manga in your pocket makes the wait SOMEWHAT tolerable)
8. in bed
9. toilet of course
kyonichi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Typically I just read in my computer chair. It makes it easy to listen to music, plus I can easily stop reading and start watching anime if that urge takes me.
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I read my manga in bed. I keep my manga on a shelf in the living room, but the stuff I want to read is kept on a table next to my bed.

I also bring manga to places where Ihave to wait for someone/something. Really helps.

Oh, and I read manga at my anime club mettings when I've already seen the anime they show.
SakuraSweetie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:52 pm Reply with quote
LOL, so many people read on the john Anime hyper I've never read a manga while on the john, usually magazines. Anime hyper

My most comfy manga reading place is either my bed or the recliner in the living room. My bed is really soft and I just like to crawl under the covers and read there. It's comfy and warm. Anime smile And the recliner is just relaxing. Smile
nailz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, wow..a lot of wc readers. ha!

I read on the bus every morning on my way to work. I used to ride a busier bus and try reading hot yaoi titles surrounded by suits. Anime smile + sweatdrop I have a new route so it's not so bad anymore.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I usually read manga at home (on my bed), work, and in the car when I'm not driving. I also read in Barnes & Noble whenever I'm there and have time. I usually like to stop in before my college courses. And no, I'm not reading stuff off right the shelf without buying. I'll buy it first, or I'll bring some books with me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bluepita

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I never realized people have such select places for reading. Wink

I read my manga the same place I read the rest of my books...

in the car while waiting for my daughter, in bed, at my desk, in another chair in my bedroom, on the toilet, in the bath, standing at my sink, in my daughter's bed, on any random floor in my house, the couch or loveseat or armchair in either the living room or den, at the kitchen table, standing in the kitchen, in the pool, chairs outside, while walking, at the various school myself or daughter have attended, at my boyfriend's house, at the park, on vacation, at restaurants, at work on breaks..

You see where I am going with this. If I have been in a place I have read there, manga or otherwise. Very Happy
NGE1113

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quote
nailz wrote:
I read on the bus every morning on my way to work.

I've read a volume of manga while riding the bus once, when an ice storm the night before consolidated the routes being run. It was a nice way to spend a 40 minute trip to school.
kaio_haruka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:34 am Reply with quote
Hmm, well I read my manga all over the house, and really no where else.
Momoko_Yumi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quote
I read it laying on my sofa.
Brand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
At home it's the bath tub, where I do most of my reading, and sudoku puzzles also. If not there then in bed.

I'll read a lot when I work my job at the comic book store too.

And when I used to have an hour train ride to and from school I used to read tons on the train.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quote
You know those R&B songs that sing about doing it anywhere....Yeah, that's like me and manga. I'm never without manga or some other book. I'm the person you see on campus reading while walking to class (yes, walking), I read between class, occasionally during Anime hyper , In my bed, in the car, in my chair (I have one of those mini half-sphere chairs...), at my desk, on the couch, snuggled up with my boyfriend, or my dogs, during work, on my break at work, and most definitely ON THE JOHN. I think the bathroom is my favorite place to read. (It also used to be my favorite place to play GBA before I got an SP and a DS... it's the room with the best lighting! Anime smallmouth)
gutted.with.broken.glass.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:05 am Reply with quote
i mostly read my manga in my bed. If i'm on my bed then i like to
read under my window, it's actually pretty comfortable! Very Happy
Monumension

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Everywhere you can imagine, including on top of a pile of bodies in my basement. I prefer comfortable enviornments like a bed or a couch, but it's not like it's impossible to read manga on the bus or on a train.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:32 pm Reply with quote
My absolute favourite place to read manga would have to be on my over-sized Futon that is beyond comfortable. There has been many times where I just flat out fall asleep while reading cause it's so comfortable. But another place I like to read manga, would have to be in the restroom and also laying in bed. I also tend to read some manga on my computer, but I only do that when there's no other place to get a certain chapter other than the internet.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7