• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GANTZ

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lunchbox161

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:19 am Reply with quote
I wanted to know if there is going to be a seson 3 of gantz? I watched the first two and now i want to see a third one. The show was great just i wish that there was more to see like if he beats the game or he loses or even better if his friends come back from the game.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:01 am Reply with quote
lunchbox161 wrote:
I wanted to know if there is going to be a seson 3 of gantz? I watched the first two and now i want to see a third one. The show was great just i wish that there was more to see like if he beats the game or he loses or even better if his friends come back from the game.

There is only one season of Gantz (In terms of episode length 26, there was a two month break that did occur thou) out in Japan, ADV decided to break up that one season into two different season. But to answer your question probably not, you'll just have to read the manga. Seeing as how it's never been licensed (strangely) I don't know when that could be, although I did hear that this series does get worse even in the manga. I guess it wasn't just Gonzo Rolling Eyes

Edit: Added information about the two month break inbetween episodes.

Last edited by Deltakiral on Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quote
lunchbox161 wrote:

spoiler[Everybody is still playing the game in the manga, in fact the last I heard Kei died and everybody is trying to resurrect him.] I don't know, it did seem to get a little crappy after a while. But the answer is no. Unless somebody gets wind of an official announcement, season 3 is a no go.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
[
There is only one season of Gantz (anime) out in Japan, ADV decided to break up that one season into two different season.

I think there was a season break in Japan, actually, much like Black Lagoon and GitS:SAC had, but I'll have to double check on that when I have more time.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Deltakiral wrote:
[
There is only one season of Gantz (anime) out in Japan, ADV decided to break up that one season into two different season.

I think there was a season break in Japan, actually, much like Black Lagoon and GitS:SAC had, but I'll have to double check on that when I have more time.

Your right, there was a small break of 2 months. Well at least according to the encyclopedia.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't this series pulled off the air in Japan for being too violent, or am I thinking of a different anime? Or has ANY anime been pulled from rotation because of the excessive use of gore and violence?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Rozzer wrote:
Wasn't this series pulled off the air in Japan for being too violent, or am I thinking of a different anime? Or has ANY anime been pulled from rotation because of the excessive use of gore and violence?

I know the series was somewhat edited when it originally aired in Japan, but both the R1 and R2 release have all material included in them, there are other anime that have had stuff edited from them, but I don't know if any shows were pulled due to excessive violence.
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:34 pm Reply with quote
There will be no third season of Gantz, and that's a good thing. The final arc, which was created for the anime, sucks completely. The manga is really good, though, and it gets a lot better after the point where the anime diverges.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Rozzer wrote:

It wasn't pulled off the air, it was just toned down on TV. Or, to be more precise, they had to add in most of the violence and sex for the DVD release. I don't know of anything that has been pulled from TV for being too violent, but I've heard that one episode of Sakura Wars TV had to be significantly altered for the DVD release because the one that was shown on TV was deemed to violent to release or something.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
It wasn't pulled off the air, it was just toned down on TV. Or, to be more precise, they had to add in most of the violence and sex for the DVD release. I don't know of anything that has been pulled from TV for being too violent, but I've heard that one episode of Sakura Wars TV had to be significantly altered for the DVD release because the one that was shown on TV was deemed to violent to release or something.

There was an episode of Black Jack that was skipped (I believe episode 3) because the episode deals with an incident with an earthquake and the episode was to air a week or so after a major earthquake occurred so it was pulled from the TV and I believe it was released only on DVD.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I believe the fourth episode of Full Metal Panic! was delayed because of 9-11 (it deals with terrorists hijacking a plane).
Rozzer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:10 am Reply with quote
Well that's good to know that it wasn't pulled off the air, although I only watched the first DVD, which only had 2-3 episodes? After watching that, I was so unsure of the series that I stopped watching, is it even worth finishing? Unless there's some other plot that's going to happen soon, I just don't see the entertainment in this series with the overly, excessive violence/rape/gore.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quote
No, its not worth finishing if you are watching it for anything other than the violence and nudity/sex. The manga is good, but the anime has a horrible ending and never reaches the point where you begin to get an idea of Gantz's purpose.
Doctor who

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I only paid 10 dollars for the first volume of gantz, man did I overpay. Not sad to so it gone in the least.
Rozzer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:50 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
No, its not worth finishing if you are watching it for anything other than the violence and nudity/sex. The manga is good, but the anime has a horrible ending and never reaches the point where you begin to get an idea of Gantz's purpose.

That is pretty much what I figured after watching the first DVD, because usually the first DVD is there to explain the story. While in Gantz, it was completely void of anything that has a real purpose other than the perverted mind of the manga-ka.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2