• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime TV Premieres Tomorrow on iTunes, YouTube

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
God Gundam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:13 pm Reply with quote
coolGAL wrote:
Yes Thanks for the Reminder ANN I will look for it on Youtube Since I have an Acount.

You don't need an account to view videos on YouTube, you only need one to post videos and comments.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:20 pm Reply with quote
"But what about the kung fu monkeys?"

That is my favorite line from the promo. Laughing
Anime World Order

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:57 pm Reply with quote
The claim put forth in their first commercial spot that "this is the first ever video podcast show devoted entirely to anime" is a false one. I can think of at least two others off the top of my head: Track-Shun, which is a highly popular video anime review podcast on iTunes (there is no possible way they could not have been aware of the existence of this), and the less popular but (in my opinion) superior AnimePodcast.net, which has existed since May of last year. I don't even think their claim to being the first "industry authorized" anime podcast is quite on the mark, as Right Stuf has been releasing a podcast for some time now, and they also include an enhanced version for video. Technically speaking, ADV, Geneon, and Funimation also all have video podcasts as well, although those are essentially just a means of distributing their trailers. Perhaps it would be more accurate to state that AnimeTV is the first "entertainment magazine-style" video podcast?

On the subject of that, their website notes that they want fans to send in applications to provide reviews for the show, but the description describes AnimeTV as "Entertainment Tonight meets MTV." As such, I'm somewhat concerned about what kind of review style they're going for, since ET/MTV reviews are not exactly known for being amazingly insightful. I suppose we'll find out by the end of today.

Here's hoping this isn't the anime equivalent of G4.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quote
10円 wrote:
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
True, I mean BangZoom, Bosch or not, it's still a podcast show.

And I can't WAIT!!!!

Are you going to scream as loud as you write?

Always do good sir. Yelling is one of my *mumble* qualities.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
God Gundam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Okay, it's been over ten minutes and so far nothing. No episodes, just the two commercials. And everything on the site says "COMING SOON." I have a feeling we're not gonna see anything after all this. Great job on your podcast launch, Bang Zoom.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:01 pm Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
Okay, it's been over ten minutes and so far nothing. No episodes, just the two commercials. And everything on the site says "COMING SOON." I have a feeling we're not gonna see anything after all this. Great job on your podcast launch, Bang Zoom.

This is from Anime Nation:

Quote:
Bang Zoom! Entertainment's video podcast "AnimeTV" will premier its first episode tonight at 8:00pm PST. The episode will feature a first look at Bang Zoom's English dub of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. AnimeTV will be available on itunes, Youtube, Revver, Bliptv, Vsocial, and Goanimetv.com.

Hikaru Suzuhara

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Part 1 of 2 is up on Youtube! Nevermind it's gone after a refresh.
God Gundam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this show really needs more organization, more input from Johnny, coverage on more than just one series and a longer running time, let's say, at least a half-hour. Who knows, maybe it'll improve in the future. I'll be sure to check out the next installment. on March 1st.
BZ! Meg-chan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Hi all,

This is Megumi from Bang Zoom! Entertainment. I hope some of you already watched our very first episode of AnimeTV!!!! I very much enjoy it myself.

In case you're wondering where to see it, the best place right now is go to AnimeTV website at www.goanimetv.com

Enjoy and give us some feedback.

Thank you,
Megumi Kunisada
JediJaina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:16 am Reply with quote
God Gundam wrote:
Wow, this show really needs more organization, more input from Johnny, coverage on more than just one series and a longer running time, let's say, at least a half-hour. Who knows, maybe it'll improve in the future. I'll be sure to check out the next installment. on March 1st.

I pretty much have to agree with this assessment above especially since so much time was given to the couch reviewers. It took up much of the show. Need to tone down on the word "like". I would love to see interviews with other VA's. They could do a show with Crispin Freeman and Johnny Yong Bosch bantering and I would be happy. I hope they'll be more con footage in the future. I would like to see some anime music spotlighted or reviewed since music is a vital parts of many of the anime shows.

I did like the fanplay video. Hopefully more will be encouraged to send in more videos.

What a weird coincidence that the reviewer TMMercury is from my city.
JaxsonJaguar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:41 am Reply with quote
I have to agree with the organization argument. Also I found myself really wondering if these guys watched the Japanese dub as well as the English dub. My questions were answered at the end of the descussion but I felt that if they want to seem some what professional both dubs should get equal time. I did like all the fan stuff like the cosplay segment and the fan reviews. Lastly concerning whole they score anime I like the catagory break down but they should use a simpler 5 star scale like X-Play. None of this 10.whatever scale, as they said on X-Play, "how does 1/10 of a point make any difference?"

Overall it's an interesting format and I look forward to the next episode.

I give it a 4 out of 5.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:39 am Reply with quote
Well, I just watched the first episode and I have to say I really enjoyed it! I didn't mind too much that Johnny wasn't around all the time--I don't think I'd really want to see what Johnny thought of Haruhi since he was...well...IN the anime! He'd HAVE to be positive about it, don't you think?

I'm not sure how I feel about the 'love it or hate it' part. Generally I find that people who are in the extremes on either side generally aren't quite right...I'd rather hear a review from someone somewhere in the middle. I like how the scoring is set up, though.

I enjoyed the preview of Haruhi, too. The dub sounds like it's coming along well...after hearing Wendee Lee as Haruhi, I'm not too worried about it anymore, it sounds like she's doing great. Really looking forward to checking it out when it comes out.

One thing I *didn't* like was the sometimes odd camera angles...I see this a lot with shows geared towards teenagers, but I reeeeally don't like it. ^^; To me, it just distracts from what the person is saying.

I liked the parts with the fans...it's nice to see that it's so interactive.

One thing I do agree with what other people have said is it'd be nice if there was more than one anime covered. While the amount of time spent on the anime was fairly good, if the show's going to come out only twice a month, and only cover one anime each time...that seems like it'll be fairly slow. I'd either like to see the show's format increased or for the show to come out more...although I don't know how much time actually goes into one of the episodes, so I don't know if that's possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:00 am Reply with quote
I'l get right to the point:

Things I liked:
-Mai cosplayer
-Fan spotlight in General
-The Haruhi dub cast (My Kyon fears quickly vanished)
-The fans who took a "good-but-not-amazing" stance towards Haruhi

Things I disliked:
-Felt a bit too bias at points (was to be expected)
-Fan Reviews (fan reviews don't tend to be objective. They're usually hate it or love it opinions)
-8.3 for animation? Haruhi is probably the best animated show of 2006. Take the perfect horrible lighting for episode 1 and the breathtaking ENOZ concert. Not to mention all the things happening in the background. I would've at least placed it in the 9's.
-Top Five list. How does Howl's get placed above Spirited Away? And how does Bleach get top spot? And why the heck isn't Haibane Renmei on that list?!

At the very least, I think I can expect that there will be no hardcore pimping of bad shows like Geneon did with their podcast and Disgaea. Also, why put the google video link on their main page? Why not Rever, where you get paid for people watching your things?
JediJaina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:17 am Reply with quote
who_is_friend wrote:
-Top Five list. How does Howl's get placed above Spirited Away? And how does Bleach get top spot? And why the heck isn't Haibane Renmei on that list?!

If I recall correctly, it was the combined top 5 list of all those reviewers (I can't remember their names).
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:57 am Reply with quote
JediJaina wrote:
who_is_friend wrote:

If I recall correctly, it was the combined top 5 list of all those reviewers (I can't remember their names).

Eek, I kind of hope not. If that's true they've got a big action anime bent in their group. Not that I don't like the anime they listed (all of them I at least sort of enjoy), but I'd feel better if there were some people in the group that like shoujo as well, you know?

Although it could bet that the shoujo fans mentioned shoujo in their top five along with one of the Miyazaki movies or the shounen anime, but since others didn't mention them as much, they weren't on the list?

...and Bleach was rather high. Anime hyper Sucking up to Johnny a tad?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5