• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Town Where You Live (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

spoiler[So, guess they finally revealed Eba's problem.
Wonder if that's why she couldn't be with Haruto.
Well, at least things are being revealed slowly.
Each new episode seems to be showing a piece of the puzzle called Eba.
Wow, didn't expect Haruto would decide to fight for Eba.
Guess he finally found some courage and determination.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote
The good thing about watching an anime for a manga you already read, you get reminded of certain scenes. I forgot Kiyomi slapped Yuzuki.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
damn, that was fast. Was kinda hoping spoiler[Kazuma] would last 1 more episode. was just starting to like him
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Oh snap! Well in my opinion he did not spoiler[originally want the surgery because he was on some level worried that Eba would not return his feelings once he is no longer terminally ill. So postponing it was preferential to having it end straight away or finding out that she was mostly doing it out of pity]. But he realized spoiler[thinking like that is really self centred, and he took the leap, unfortunately that leap cut things short, I was actually thinking it was the case when it was looking too nice].

Also unfortunately it is going to make it spoiler[even harder with Eba as she won't want to do things that make it look like she was doing it out of pity]. Not just for other people, but I assume spoiler[she would start hating herself if she thought that was all she was doing. When what she wanted to do was repay the kind guy who helped her, while he does not have much time left].

Would it sound horrible if I said spoiler[that I wanted it to fail because I thought that it would be so out of left field after a glimmer of hope that it would make a good story]?
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
damn, that was fast. Was kinda hoping spoiler[Kazuma] would last 1 more episode. was just starting to like him

Why surprised? If they were trying to fit this show into a one-core series, I would imagine he wouldn't last too long and the remaining episodes can be the aftermath of his spoiler[death and how they will move on as well as what's to come with their relationship.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Why surprised?

I'm not surprised, just a bit disappointed. spoiler[Kazuma] really wasn't on screen long enough for me to really care enough about spoiler[his death]
Prince of Thieves

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Why surprised?

I'm not surprised, just a bit disappointed. spoiler[Kazuma] really wasn't on screen long enough for me to really care enough about spoiler[his death]

I disagree. I think they did an amazing job of making you carespoiler[ in the short time he was on the screen.] I was actually way taken back when one second they werespoiler[ talking about the surgery taking to long and the next they were walking to his funeral.] This episode and now this anime is willing to do things that most won't.

Have any of you ever watched Suzuka? It reminds me of that anime which was great as well. I need to see if it was by the same people because the art style is so similar.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Well, it worked for you, but not for me. Suzuka is by the same manga author as this show and I have seen it.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:26 am Reply with quote
man, where is Admiral Akbar when you need him? Don't do it Haruto. Seemed like a lot was skipped, or was there a 1 1/2 year time skip in the manga?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[It was about time Haruto let Eba go.
Asuka is a good match for him, but I like Asuka-Kazama & Eba-Haruto pairing better.
Rin really is a weird one, just can't quite figure her out.
It's like she likes messing with Haruto..
Damn, he just can't get over Eba no matter what.
It's so obvious when he's around her..
So it looks like Rin just wanted Haruto for herself all along.
That's why she always sabotaged his relationships.]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
man, where is Admiral Akbar when you need him? Don't do it Haruto. Seemed like a lot was skipped, or was there a 1 1/2 year time skip in the manga?

When I watched the beginning of this episode, I was like wtf this never happened in the manga. But then it was revealed that 1.5 years have passed. They skipped about 15 or so chapters since spoiler[the death and this week's episode.] This is what happens in those chapters if you are curious- (manga spoilers) spoiler[ Asuka tells Haruto that she likes him but she doesn't make it clear if it was romantically or not. Then they and Kiyomi go back to Haruto's hometown during break. The girls have fun at hot springs, although Asuka has a bad time because she was the only one with a small chest. Later on during the trip she admits that she loves him and they start going out. On the trip back he say something along the lines of never leaving her. They later visit Kyousuke's grave and tells him they are dating. After a few filler chapters, Haruto, Asuka, Kiyomi, Akari, Nanami, and Takashi are all going to the same university. Haruto meets some people and then we have this week's episode.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Wow, they skipped a lot....but

Anyways, seems like spoiler[Haruto is like the chick magnet not that I'm surprised since he's dating Asuka now. Oh and seems like Rin is after him too somewhat in a way judging by that ending. As for Eba, she probably feels something for him as well this episode or at curious about his life.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:44 pm Reply with quote
i'm skip chapters are a good thing for this manga. No offense to the manga readers here. This is not worth 24-26 eps.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

That Rin girl is a *bad word*, it looks quite good the situation that he is in now, which is spoiler[a proper relationship where the girl won't screw with him]. He uprooted his life, and right when he is going good she spoiler[practically stalks the guy and tricks him into pretty much cheat on his girlfriend]. For what? To one up her step sister? And he will be an ass hat for actually spoiler[being tricked and probably ending up Eba again]. He should have flat out refused the activity anyway.

I don't mind the skip, what was happening felt genuine enough that I am actually happy to get away from some of the emotional issues quicker. I did find that was an odd increase in background songs this week, I kept mistaking one song for an English song and feeling disorientated.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

So frustrating. Why is he letting himself get dragged into it? Sure he still has feelings for Eba, but by the looks of it, he may just let her ruin what I assume is a good relationship. Which I assume is what happened earlier he started to get attention from the girl he liked, and then she had to kissing him. The worst bit is she clearly sees it, that he liked that other girl, and now going on a happy date with him, flirting at his work, and inviting him on a trip. She practically flinches every time he mentions his girlfriend.

Knowing anime I can guess where things will likely go, but I hardly think spoiler[Eba is a healthy], I wonder if we will see any boats. And apparently he and Asuka spoiler[have not even done it yet], the ending of the episode looking awkward, and not in the normal anime way, but in something needs to happen way. What do you think Picard? *Picard's answer*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6