• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Reincarnated characters

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I was adding to the Otogi Zoshi page and came across this problem: Many characters from the Heian Arc are reincarnated in the Tokyo Arc. In the case of the major characters, they all have the same names, appearances, and personalities, roughly the same relationships, and the same seiyuu plays each of them throughout, so it's clear that both incarnations should be credited as the same role.

Where it's less clear is with the minor characters. For instance, the Minister of the Left, one of the villains from the Heian era, is reincarnated in Tokyo as an obsessive railfan, credited as "Old Man", who only appears briefly, giving our heroes some useful information. Both characters look identical except for clothing, and the same seiyuu plays both. Should they be considered one role and listed as "Minister of the Left/Old Man", or should they be credited separately?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Petrea Mitchell wrote:
Both characters look identical except for clothing

If the role is obviously the same character, just reincarnated as you said, I would say they belong in the same entry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1