• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
how can i add a new anime name in the list?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limbulily

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:30 am Reply with quote
i am wanting to put a new name in the anime list--but since i'm new--and i don't no how to Crying or Very sad --and the new anime i want to add -the name i looked in it Shocked --but it wasan't there so don't worry--- Wink

since you guys hav already tried posting a new anime --cold u please tell me how to--i really want to share this anime with you guys!! Wink
one3rd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:46 am Reply with quote
What anime title do you want to add?
limbulily

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:50 am Reply with quote
it's called "La Corda D'Oro"

the anime mostly about music--but it got romantic stuffs also--and lot's of --and ireally want peoples to know it--but i just don't no how to put the topic on the anime list!!--can't anyone help me? Crying or Very sad
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:17 am Reply with quote

See the blue stripe? Follow the rest steps here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
JuniorMintKiss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I am having the same problem. Every time I try to add the information, it responds with 'Invalid Format For..." The title I want to add is 'Kigurumi Sentai Kiltian.' I've followed the example, right down to the punctuations and parentheses, but nothing seems to do the trick.. Which reminds me - the instructions seem to be a bit redundant.

"...but even if you write "Movie" (or "TV" or "OAV") in the title, you still have to specify it in parentheses after the title, like "Patlabor: The Movie (movie)".

And then...

"Parentheses are not allowed in the title."

So can someone help me out?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:56 pm Reply with quote
JuniorMintKiss wrote:
"Parentheses are not allowed in the title."

Tell me exactly what you had entered. A screencap (in its original resolution; cropping is fine, but no resizing or JPEG compression) is preferred.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
JuniorMintKiss

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
After I click on the 'Add an anime' link, it asks me to select what language that the title is originally known by. I selected 'Japanese' and then in the next box, I typed in Kigurumi Sentai Kiltian. Then it asks for a link to a website that's English preferred, so I put in

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,2598,yswbwc,dress_up_battle.html

Then I clicked on 'Submit' and the next window has me directed back to the submission page with the error at the top:

Invalid format for Kigurumi Sentai Kiltian

I have put the title in quotations, and even tried to submit it with its English title, but it keeps rejecting me, so if I am doing something wrong, could someone direct me on how to properly submit new info?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1