• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Build Fighters TV Anime's 2nd Promo Streamed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
So, we went from battles of life-and-death to kids playing VR with absolutely nothing on the line? Yeah. that sure is progress...

Yeah, go ahead and judge Build Fighters before watching a few eps.

Well, to be honest, the Gunpla Builders OVA was pretty stupid, so I'm going to make my prejudgements off of that. It wasn't so much about the fun of buying, building, and customizing models as it was just putting them into a dumb simulator. Unless it plays out like all of the shounen battle card anime where somehow higher stakes than just the stupid game are at stake, I don't see any reason to really care who wins or doesn't.

Also, the art looks less detailed than AGE's.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Also, the art looks less detailed than AGE's.

What.
No, seriously.

I don't recall AGE having detailed art period and when you compare AGE's MS shots to this, Build Fighters clearly has the better art period.

AGE didn't have any great art, aside from the PSP game's opening and the show's openings.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote
This looks incredibly awful, and the worse part is it isn't needed. Gotta get that Pokemon money, I guess.

Last edited by v1cious on Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:26 am; edited 2 times in total
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote
Looks sweet and seem like its going to be a lot of fun to watch
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:24 am Reply with quote
Sigh. These UC fanboys. Wing fanboys, SEED fanboys and 00 fanboys are annoying. Stop complaining about a show, that is still in development.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
naninanino wrote:
jet_ wrote:
I'm just saying, comparing a show to two trailers is a bit of an overkill.
I expect some kind of twist, though I could be wrong.

I don't see any reason to expect any twists. It is just fine as it is. They wanted to make a gunpla anime, they make it.

At this point, it makes no difference what Sunrise does. People would complain no matter what it is. Also there will never be an extremely dark, gritty, pure military based gundam with a cast of 30-40 year old caucasian males. Why? Because Gundam fans don't want something like that. They aren't going to start pandering a group that don't care about Gundam and bring them money. Those model kits need to be sold.

This exactly, it's not even just Gundam either, at this current point Sunrise announces a show=massive bitching and saying it will be crap followed by it airing and people bitching and saying it's crap right away and judging it far more harshly than similar shows airing at the time or that have aired. Most heavily criticized production studio label in the industry bar none on the internet and it's hard not to notice, and the best part is usually their shows are pretty damn fun, engaging, entertaining and well produced to people that don't have unrealistic expectation of everything which is how this looks at first glance to me. Just check your expectations at a reasonable level for once people.

Honestly though this is the only community I can see still bitching this damn hard over this show while others at least seem willing to give it a whirl so maybe this is just an ANN community thing right now.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
Sigh. These UC fanboys. Wing fanboys, SEED fanboys and 00 fanboys are annoying. Stop complaining about a show, that is still in development.

"Sigh, these all the rest of Gundam [sans AGE] fanboys" is what you just said. You missed G, X, and ∀ though.

Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
Most heavily criticized production studio label in the industry bar none on the internet and it's hard not to notice, and the best part is usually their shows are pretty damn fun, engaging, entertaining and well produced to people that don't have unrealistic expectation of everything which is how this looks at first glance to me.

"I haven't seen AGE or Valverave." And if you have, you'd honestly say they're good? Those got a lot of shit before they aired, and, everyone was correct.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Why not?!

I'll go for it.

Alsp, the action scenes remind of me 00 a bit. The good thing about basing it on Gunpla is the potential of seeing various suits.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
yeah, an Italian as a main character.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:07 pm Reply with quote
First AGE and now this??!! Can we please have a normal gundam anime
theoriginalbilis

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
You know what? I'm probably going to check this one out. Could be a lot of fun.

As a fellow Gundam fan, I feel that not every show has to be a super-serious war drama, and that they're allowed to be silly and fun every once in a while. That's why I liked G Gundam a lot too.

This new Gundam Build Fighters looks it has the potential to become a really big thing with kids (both in Japan and overseas), and it makes enough money for Sunrise/Bandai to make more Gundam anime, then it's a win-win for everyone.

Haters gonna hate. I'm choose to enjoy myself.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Card game, no tension, etc.

Sunrise, just let the franchise rest after Unicorn's through.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
This actually looks good.

Amazing.
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Card game, no tension, etc.

Sunrise, just let the franchise rest after Unicorn's through.

Errr, why? If they did that, they would be bleeding fountains of money, which isn't a good thing, since Sunrise and Bandai have been losing money from the colossal bomb that was AGE and they can't rely on UC as a balance. Gundam makes like $500 million a year, which is 1/8th of Bandai's income. Slashing that half a billion $ franchise=less money and less money=a red on Wikipedia.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I don't actually expect them to do it, I know it's a huge money maker. It's just that creatively, they haven't done anything worthwhile with Gundam aside from Unicorn for a long time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4