• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Candy Candy OST?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HanatoYume

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I read somewhere that a french company released a CD containing all the BGM from the anime series Candy Candy, which was surprising because I thought that nothing could be released of it due to the court battles. Anyways, does anybody know a site where I could import this CD (I'm assuming it's legit) or where I could find it secondhand if it's out of print? Also, does anybody know if the french boxes of Candy Candy are legit?
Thanks!
ivorymoose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

I have the music cd. I tried to import it from France but a Candy fan in a fan forum gave it to me instead for free. You can order from:

http://www4.fnac.com/Shelf/Article.aspx?PRID=1489139&OrderInSession=1&Mn=39&SID=54bced5c-57e8-d133-6a7e-1352c5bbb6dc&TTL=240420051943&Origin=FnacAff&Ra=-28&To=0&Nu=1&UID=0997f6b11-5812-1a89-507b-fd19d773c7eb&Fr=0

The music of Takeo Watanabe is very good. Over the years, anime music compositions have evolved but I just love this CD. The BGM/OST is mostly instrumental but some songs are in French.

------------------------------------------------
http://12kingdoms.faith-it.net
ivorymoose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:07 pm Reply with quote
OK, I got to post again here to clarify what I said in the above thread. The CD is very legitimate. Nowadays, it is almost impossible to find bootleg CC merchandise. The fan from the Candy forum had an extra CD and she had relatives living in France, hence, she gave me her extra CD as a gift. She gave me an original CD.

When talking about CC merchandise, I'm super careful with copyrights because we all know how sticky CC is regarding this. All CC merchandise have been withdrawn due to copyrights. From my understanding, this music CD is the only legitimate merchandise and you cannot find it outside France.

It is a good buy. Very Happy
sibie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote
The reason the CD was able to be released is because the music, composed by Takeo Watanabe, is under a different copyright. This is why the CD artwork itself does not contain any Candy Candy images. Those are copyrighted by the litigating party.
Rakiko

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Also... I can say look for find Mitsuko Horie s'CD because she sings the original Candy Candy theme songs OP/END and also many songs from anime series of the 70s & 80s.
Micchi is awesome and has a beautiful voice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1