• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Which Character are you?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kurashima

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Have you ever seen an anime character who's just like you?

I have, Keitaro Urashima is like me in every way. I'm a deep down shy guy with bad luck, just flunkd at my University and i've never had a girl (i was even gona study archeology) and i run my grandparents house (i rent some of the rooms to some dudes). I've even gone trough some stuff in my life that's similar or keitaroish.

What about you?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dxx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:21 pm Reply with quote
i wish i could be like Ranma from Cinderella Boy, but the only characteristic we have in common, is that both of us are slender and like to solve mysteries!
I would like to see some anime character similar to me.
Iritscen
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote
In watching Trigun, I found I related to Vash a lot... kind-hearted but saddened by others' cruelty.

But really I'm more like Wolfwood. I sometimes feel that if the world is cruel I should just be cruel too in order to survive. And I can flip out and take you out with my mad gun skills which I was secretly trained in from childhood.

And, like Wolfwood, I wish I could be like Vash.
Satanachia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I think there's been a thread similar ta this before, but I'll say who I'm most related too again. To me, I kinda resemble Yzak Joule from GundamSeed. I'm hard-headed about a lot of things and I don't back down easy. My personality is similar to almost any overly sadistic character there can be, for example, I laughed my ass off when spoiler[ the puppy in Elfen Lied was beaten ta death by Tomou*(I think that's his name?)]
beezis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, even though Neo (Matrix) is not an anime character, I get lots of comparisons to him mostly for my facial structure and hair style I guess but you could also include how I always come to save the world at the last minute Cool. As for an anime character I'm most like it would have to be Kyon from Melancholy of Haruhu Suzumiya because of the manner in which we both speak and think and both of us being slightly sarcastic.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm quite like Ryoko Mitsurugi from Real Bout High School. I like Martial Arts (in her case kendo and kenjutsu, in mine mostly Taekwondo but I'm retired), I'm quite unlucky in love (Eternal Loner ¬¬), and I try to be strong (although I have broken up quite the bunch of times)

Besides, I've never been cute (only when I was little), so I've always tried to be the 'strong woman' type, although I sometimes seem tomboyish, stoic or jsut ice-cold.

I also have one heck of a temper Anime hyper

Out of that, I think Japanese swords are just too cool.

And a friend of mine compares me to Tsujiwaki Miki from Hungry Heart Wild Striker

Last edited by TestamentSaki on Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Shonen Bat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I'd say I'm like Naota from FLCL. We're both little brothers who are pretty much living in our older brothers' shadows. A lot of times I feel like there's really no point to anything and am bored with life. I remember when I was around his age(And I still am. I'm only 15) I would try to act more mature than I should've been since I felt the people around me were incredibly stupid and immature. And when I've got pimples on my forehead, it almost looks like I'm growing a horn.

Yeah I'd say I relate to Naota a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm alot like Curarpikt / Kurapica from Hunter X Hunter: calculating and introverted. The way Kurapica solves problems smoothly with consideration of many different outcomes that affect surroundings. I guess a few differences exist between Kurapica and myself (besides being an anime character and me a real person), is I take into consideration affects of my actions on a emotional level for myself and others whereas Kurapica usually only cares about the more tangible stuff.

Also we both have blonde hair but mine is a little shorter.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:45 pm Reply with quote
People say I look just like Rukia from Bleach, well, the hair-cut and the dark feautures are kind of identical, but I don't know about anything else since i'm not really a follower of Bleach.

When it comes to the character that I personally felt I could relate to it's Tenjou Utena; we're both idealistic and out-spoken and her tomboyish nature reminds of myself when I was in school.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:34 am Reply with quote
There's not really just one character I match well with... but the closest? Probably Rakka; but I fit in quite well with Kurapica and Kakashi too. I'm rarely as completely honest as I wish I was with those that I care about, largely because of a combination of being embarrased about saying it, and because I'm subconsciously afraid of hearing their response (not that I'm afraid of them not reciprocating, more that I'd probably misunderstand what they say). I'm very outspoken about a number of things I care about (which these characters don't really do), just not people (Rakka).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:34 am Reply with quote
Funny, the first thing that came to mind when I saw the topic title was Otakukin. (The second most pathetic subculture ever invented, bested only by Diaperfurs.)

I think I'm a lot like Asuka from Evangelion, only not as severely messed up. Laughing In terms of looks, I'm pretty much identical to her except my hair isn't as long and I'd probably feel really embarrassed wearing her skimpy outfits. I'm smart, I'm cynical, I'm obnoxious, I don't get along well with people, I have explosive mood swings, and I'm harboring so much teen angst it's practically coming out my rear-end. From this post it may seem like I have self-esteem issues since the bad traits I have in common with Asuka outweigh the positive, but it's hard not to compare yourself to any Evangelion character and end up being overly hard on yourself. Askua may not be a very likeable character, but she just feels so much more human than any other anime character I've encountered, and I love her for that.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:15 am Reply with quote
Sheska from Fullmetal Alchemist. Anime hyper I have short brown hair, glasses, and I'm a total bookworm.

I don't have her memory, unforunantely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
x_Hisoka_x

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I've been told by friends that I resemble Chouji (I believe thats how you spell it) from Naruto mainly for my appearance more then anything. I'm not as fat as he is...I'm merely just big boned. Also, we both have brown hair. Oh yea, and I can roll into a huge ball and destroy anything in my path Laughing
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Personality wise I might as well be Jun Sakurada from Rozen Maiden. I'm fairly quiet except around those I am close to, I have an older sister, I'm smart but have a habit of screwing things up, and even though I've improved a lot in recent years, I'm painfully shy. I border on being a shut-in like him.

We even look a bit alike. We both have dark hair and require glasses (though I've started wearing contacts again.) Like Jun I don't really smile much or act that happy. I have a tendency to dress like he does toward the end of the first season.

On occasion, though, I act just like a little kid. Also, I have a fairly explosive temper. I could really relate to Jun, especially in how he got picked on.
Space_cowboy64

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote
I should think im kinda like Kyo from Fruit Basket, i get angry really quickly and im a bit of a loner and outsider. I see alot of myself in him and i can relate to him easily, with the exception of the whole family curse thing.

space
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8