• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite Twin characters

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Someone started this thread yesterday, but it was locked. I have to admit I liked the concept so I PM'd the originator and Tony K. about grabbing and running with it. I heard back from Tony, so here it is.

I have two favorite sets of twins:

Subaru and Hokuto Sumeragi of Tokyo Babylon & X TV - Subaru's overly serious and way too quiet due to his professional duties as a medium (sorry, I don't remember the proper Japanese name). Hokuto is a bouncy, cheerful girl who wants nothing more than for her brother to have fun, enjoy himself and find love. Unfortunately, for the two of them, the one that was "chosen" had other ideas about what he was going to actually do with Subaru. Hokuto tried and failed so save both Subaru and Seishirou in this story line. I like to think that Subaru would have been a different person if Hokuto had lived. To me he was a "dead man walking" in a way in X TV; I think if she had lived, he would have still be a serious sort of person but one that would have been able to enjoy life as well. CLAMP has apparently included Subaru and Hakuto in the Tsubasa story line. Allegedly they are spoiler[vampires] that Seishirou is looking for. It should be interesting to see what they are like if they appear later on in the series.

Aya and Aki Mikage (Ceres) is my other set. Aya is the happy cheerful one and Aki isn't too far behind her but a little more serious. At first, I thought that Aki would be the stronger twin but when Ceres spoiler[appears within Aya and the Progenitor within Aki], Aki just seems to curl up and go away. Aya is the one that has to become strong for the two of them. Aki just seems to wuss out until the end spoiler[when he comes out to stop the Progenitor from trying to kill Aya/Ceres and tells them to kill him and the Progenitor]. I think that was the only time in the series that Aki was the true strong one of the pair.

Well, those are the only twins that I actually can think of in the anime that I've watched.

Who are your favorites?
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Well definately Kaoru and Hikaru from Ouran, they were just so cool when it came to anything

Mion and Shion from Higurashi, they just got to me, i dont even know how to explain it.

Suiseiseki and Souseiseki from Rozen Maiden, not necessarily Suiseuiseki but Souseiseki was just awesome with his power and i like Suiseiseki after spoiler[Souseiseki was beaten]

Eruruu and Aruruu from Utawarerumono, Aruruu is just SOOOO cute, and i like Eruruu's dedication to Hakuoro, she is just determined
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:50 pm Reply with quote
As for my favorite twins it would have to be my (new favorite) the vampire twins from Black Lagoon the Second Barrage. They are probably the sickest twins I have ever seen, they are into incest and for being so young incredibly violent and down right dirty...I love them. Twisted Evil ha I just copied and pasted

Quote:
Eruruu and Aruruu from Utawarerumono, Aruruu is just SOOOO cute, and i like Eruruu's dedication to Hakuoro, she is just determined

Edit: I don't think they are twins, I think they are sisters. Wink
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
As for my favorite twins it would have to be my (new favorite) the vampire twins from Black Lagoon the Second Barrage. They are probably the sickest twins I have ever seen, they are into incest and for being so young incredibly violent and down right dirty...I love them. Twisted Evil ha I just copied and pasted

Quote:

Edit: I don't think they are twins, I think they are sisters. Wink

Well they are sisters, but a lot of people, including myself call them twins for the sake that they look a lot alike, so i always add them.

and YES i forgot about the Vamp. Twins from Second Barrage. y'know, in ep. 14 i never thought of them as the type spoiler[to bribe with money rather than just kill]. but anyway, i love them now too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:49 am Reply with quote
The Hitachiin twins from Ouran Koukou Host Club! they're both so impishly mischevious, but so adorable and hot to boot! I always get excited like one of the fangirls in the show whenever they make a display of their brotherly love n_n, BTW, I'm no fan of incest!
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, my fave twins come... Yes, from Captain Tsubasa. Tachibana Kazuo and Masao's crazy aerial soccer techniques have made lots of CT fans around the world laugh like mad, and heck, they may not be cute, but they're great. Atta guys!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
omar235

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
and YES i forgot about the Vamp. Twins from Second Barrage. y'know, in ep. 14 i never thought of them as the type spoiler[to bribe with money rather than just kill]. but anyway, i love them now too.

I don't blame them, they were busy and didn't have time to play Twisted Evil but it seems spoiler[Revy has all too much time. Twisted Evil ]
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:55 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Quote:

I don't blame them, they were busy and didn't have time to play Twisted Evil but it seems spoiler[Revy has all too much time. Twisted Evil ]

HAHA, thats for sure i thought Revy spoiler[should've shot the second we saw her up there and take the money]
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:08 pm Reply with quote
No animated twins are more famed than the Wondertwins -- simply because they have one very nice catch phrase:

"Wondertwin powers -- activate!" Laughing

Gotta love the parodies too.
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:58 pm Reply with quote
EDIT: double post

Last edited by omar235 on Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
omar235

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak6969 wrote:
omar235 wrote:
Quote:

HAHA, thats for sure i thought Revy spoiler[should've shot the second we saw her up there and take the money]

Oh certainly....but what would be the fun in that Twisted Evil besides I kinda hope the twins survive...though if there opponent is Revy, the Russians, and Chan than its not likely Wink Sad
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:32 pm Reply with quote
My favorite twins would be Tsubasa and Hikaru from Figure 17. Well, I guess they aren't completely "twins" if you know the story. They work well as a team, although Tsubasa relies a little too much on Hikaru. But of course she reminds me of myself a long time ago, shy and unwilling to take on anything because of the fear of failure. Hikaru changed all that for her. Those two are super kawaii.

My second choice would be Kaoru and Hikaru from Ouran Host Club. They also share a special bond, but are, as said, quite mischevious.

Ah, indeed. The Wonder Twins... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:15 pm Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
Animefreak6969 wrote:
omar235 wrote:
Quote:

Oh certainly....but what would be the fun in that Twisted Evil besides I kinda hope the twins survive...though if there opponent is Revy, the Russians, and Chan than its not likely Wink Sad

OH i hope they survive too, but Revy just should've shot, then we could've seen the Kids kick the crap out of everyone even MORE!! then get back to the actual problem, Revy and team surviving of course
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote
First it was iron warrior's avatar of Revy then you guys talking about Black Lagoon...dammit knock it off! You're going to make me add another title to my want to see list! Laughing
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:35 pm Reply with quote
LydiaDianne wrote:
First it was iron warrior's avatar of Revy then you guys talking about Black Lagoon...dammit knock it off! You're going to make me add another title to my want to see list! Laughing

ADD IT THEN!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2