• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most disturbing scenes in anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:51 pm Reply with quote
MasterMogul wrote:
I'd just like to throw Excel Saga into the discussion here. Now, the show as a whole does a pretty good job of prompting disbelieving gasps from the viewer, but the final episode really takes it all to the next level of offensiveness. Not much fazes me, and this episode managed it - although it still manages to be pretty funny if one's good taste can be ignored for awhile. No one watching episode 26 can doubt why it didn't air on even Japanese late-night TV....

That's why the last episode was titled "Going Too Far." Wink It was just JC Staff seeing what they could do if they pulled out all the stops.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:41 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
MasterMogul wrote:
I'd just like to throw Excel Saga into the discussion here. Now, the show as a whole does a pretty good job of prompting disbelieving gasps from the viewer, but the final episode really takes it all to the next level of offensiveness. Not much fazes me, and this episode managed it - although it still manages to be pretty funny if one's good taste can be ignored for awhile. No one watching episode 26 can doubt why it didn't air on even Japanese late-night TV....

That's why the last episode was titled "Going Too Far." Wink It was just JC Staff seeing what they could do if they pulled out all the stops.

Wouldn't you have just LOVED to have sat in on the staff and writers' meetings for that series and Fooly Cooly! Oh, to be the fly on the wall! Very Happy
puffy_flower

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:45 pm Reply with quote
I havn't seen too many disturbing anime moments ,but a couple are

Super Milk Chan-pretty much every scene made me sick likespoiler[the drool,the gross things(a.k.a. everything) and mostly the mayor.(ewwww!!!!)]

Fullmetal Alchemist(series and movie)spoiler[In the series when Ed got killed by Envy(I'm not usually disturbed by blood, but for some reason I still can't look at this scene directly.Also In the movie whan we got our first look at Gluttony after a couple years.(My reaction-OMG!!!!WHAT THE HECK IS THAT?!?!?!) ]Those are some of the most disturbing anime scenes I've watched.
yumenokoyume

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 10:52 pm Reply with quote
what realy disturbs me is the anime version of gravitation. kinda little late for this one isnt it?[/img]
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 2 of Kino's Journey spoiler[where the stranded travelers mention they had to eat their cargo to survive] and then later in the episode spoiler[we find out that they are slave traders] just made me go "ewww". The scene near the end where spoiler[Kino opens the back of the truck and the little girl's ghost floats by] just made it that much worse.

Even so, I still thought it was a well told story.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 1:17 am Reply with quote
To be honest, probably some of the elfen lied scenes were sickening. Especially during spoiler[ Kouta's sister's head being twisted off by Lucy in the most painful way.]. Another scene that kind of made me flinch, and this was sonic x, was spoiler[when Shadow and Rouge find Leon in episode 72, and the whole tree penetrating scene...].
Dragon King

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I would say the most disturbing seen for me in anime would be a couple of them.

One of them is in gantz where you see a moving train cut there heads cut off by why they are trying to run away from it after they saved thjat man on the tracks.

The other one would be in ninja resurrection where you see those two kids get there heads cut off by that evil man, I dont got a problem with heads cut off but when it is kids getting killed for no reason but to make someone made that is just screwd up.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:12 am Reply with quote
Note: Permission was obtained to revive this thread.

Okay, I've been watching Elfen Lied these days after I was finally able to acquire it, and I just finished ep 8, spoiler[which was the dog episode.] This one has been the only one so far to make my heart race even when all the other episodes have spoiler[had heads getting sliced off and everything. What the kids were doing were downright wrong. And with the fact that Lucy could not do anything to stop it, while on top of that her "friend" smiled under her hands over her face. Utter psychological torture when you get down to it, but they paid dearly, as was clearly seen that the classroom was painted with blood in an instant, and four kids and one dog are dead.]
This is clearly the most disturbing scene I have seen up to date.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:09 am Reply with quote
I beleive this thread predated Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, although the 'disturbing' factor of many scenes is watered down by the poor animation, we have murder in many forms (often fairly graphic, or supposed to be anyway), mutilation, torture... and good oldfashioned creepiness.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:55 pm Reply with quote
I remember this from akira long ago but i could be wrong because its been years since i seen it. It was back when an otanoob.

It a part when spoiler[this girl is near this guys but then he's get bigger and gross. that girl is caught between his growing body and get crushed.]

that was my first disturbing scene

in elfen lied when they showed the backstory of that runaway girl.

Dragon King wrote:
I would say the most disturbing seen for me in anime would be a couple of them.

One of them is in gantz where you see a moving train cut there heads cut off by why they are trying to run away from it after they saved thjat man on the tracks.

The other one would be in ninja resurrection where you see those two kids get there heads cut off by that evil man, I don't got a problem with heads cut off but when it is kids getting killed for no reason but to make someone made that is just screwd up.

wow for some reason the gantz thing isnt so bad to me.

But i would like to add most things that do disturb me are in alternative hentai.

(if you went to otakons panel of alternative hentai i was the chick that left early..QUICKLY!)
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:14 pm Reply with quote
i dont find many scenes in anime very disturbing at all. but if i would say so.....maybe some scenes in Higurashi or in one hentai (dont remember name) where a girl had a broom shoved through P***Y and through her mouth and maybe some deaths in Jigoku Shoujo, but i truly dont find many scenes disturbing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
blind_assassin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Monster actually has some pretty mentally disturbing scenes. Not just the end results of shootouts or killings but spoiler[once they get behind the psychology of Johann and more into Kinderheim 511 and that sort of thing. And particularly how Johann utterly destroys the will to live of every person he comes into contact with.] It gets pretty disturbing if you think about it maturely and beyond the point of being freaked out by characters simply murdering each other in gruesome manners.
bahumut75

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Much like I've seen a few other people mention, there are a number of scenes for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni that got to me, and I actually can't recall another other show that I've seen really doing that. The one in particular is spoiler[ when Shion had to tear off her fingernails, even though the scene wasn't even graphic about it, I spend the rest of the day walking around with my fingers feeling funny ;o]
bahumut75

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Tetsujin wrote:
Last night I saw a scene from FMA which I found disturbing when I first saw it 2 years ago. I forgot to note it in my earlier post.

While Ed spoiler[is preparing for his state alchemist certification exam, he stay with Shou Tucker, his daughter Nina, and their pet dog. Over time, the Elric Brothers establish close bonds with Nina; the bonds are close enough that she calls them "Big Brotheers."

Tucker himself has to undergo an assessment from the state before he could continue his reasearch. After Ed returns to Tucker's home, Tucker himself announces that he passed his assessment. Tucker shows Ed and Al the result of his research, and Ed grows suspicious. A few moments later-- based on his conversation with Tucker-- Ed recoils in horro as he realizes that Tucker fused both his daughter Nina and their pet dog and thansformed them into a chimera.]

We never see the act take place. What made the scene most disturbing for me was watching the end result after knowing what it took to make a reality. Even as I saw that scene again I still feel disturbed by it.

That is actually a really good point, when I read this topic I was only really thinking of gory type scenes and the like. I had actually kind of forgotten about that whole part of FMA, and I will definitely agree with you that it was quite disturbing on a different level then what initially came to mind for me.
Drowning_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I think the most disturbing scene I ever saw was some of Shakugan No Shana episode with spoiler[the incestuous twins, it seemed so sick and wrong.]

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni was also quite disturbing in most of the episode but my top 2 (For the show) are spoiler[Shion massacre, especially the fact the she done it because of something that was not even true (Well, if Mion told the truth) and in second place, the part were Rena cut herself and then we see... maggots and a lot of them.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 33