• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Companies Look to Acquire Atlus Games' Index Corporation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digimontamerfreak

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:46 am Reply with quote
hopefully this does not affect persona 5.
Gon*Gon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:08 am Reply with quote
Oh please let it be Nintendo oh please let it be Nintendo. There's no better company than Nintendo, especially since FExSMT is still in production.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:01 am Reply with quote
^are you kidding me. I don't mean to be rude, well yes I do; but we don't need another great stable of games going to die on the wastelands of Nintendo.

Its already a crime that Monolith is under them, because a game like Xenoblade would have been able to shine on the ps3 or xbox 360; but all but died in obscurity on the Wii. Maybe five people own the Wii U, and it would be all but a crime to humanity if persona of all things ended up on that system.

Nintendo is good for one things. Handhelds. And while I do enjoy some handheld titles, Atlus was in its heyday when it was releasing titles on left and right on the ps2, not the last few years when it released a handful handhelds and Catherine/Arena.

If atlus was tied to any console maker, Sony would obviously make the most logical choice as it has always been the most jrpg friendly company, hell they basically NIS working for them and Tales seems to have given up on Nintendo.

But I would rather they be own by a third party that way, you can still get the occasional 3ds title, but hopefully more console titles make their way around this time.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:58 am Reply with quote
Nintendo getting Atlus would be a huge coup for them. And give then the 'Mature' line they desperately need to expand their base. Not to mention awesome system selling exclusives.

Sega might be a better fit though, because Atlus does like to be multi-platform, including PC. Also you can count on Sega continuing to support Nintendo consoles into the near future.

Please God don't let it be Sony.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:24 am Reply with quote
I really hope sony, namco or SE picks up ATLUS. I would hate their games to be stuck on Nintendo Platforms. I don't mind if they're on the 3DS and WiiU, but I also want Vita/PS3/PS4 versions :/
DRWii

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Please God don't let it be Sony.

Sony mostly owns western studios (if I'm not mistaken), so I doubt they even care. Maybe if "MegaTen" made "Gran Turismo" numbers in sales they'd think about it.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote
I didn't keep up with this story beyond the initial announcement of the investigation, but with Index going into bankruptcy this soon, I'd say the outcome of the investigation is pretty obvious.

As for who I'd like to see come out with Atlus, I don't much care beyond it being someone other than Nintendo. I've always played Atlus titles on Sony platforms, and I'd really hate to not have that opportunity going forward.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I didn't keep up with this story beyond the initial announcement of the investigation, but with Index going into bankruptcy this soon, I'd say the outcome of the investigation is pretty obvious.

As for who I'd like to see come out with Atlus, I don't much care beyond it being someone other than Nintendo. I've always played Atlus titles on Sony platforms, and I'd really hate to not have that opportunity going forward.

Both Sony and Nintendo have NO interest in obtaining Index.

SEGA is the only game brand interested in purchasing Atlus.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
So now is Index for sale too, and not Atlus alone. As a Nintendo fan, I hope Nintendo will get it.

I'm unsure about SEGA... they sold brands I loved in the past (Ecco the Dolphin) and I don't like their games anymore except one or two occasional gems... Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1