• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Anime Network expands to Detroit.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:24 am Reply with quote
I woke up this morning and to my surprise I found out that Detroit now has the Anime Network. I alreadywatched a few episodes and it's not bad. I do wish they had more of a variety of anime to show.

EDIT: I chagned the title to reflect where TAN expanded to.
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:57 am Reply with quote
YES! I am VERY happy about this, it just means that it's only a matter of time before it comes to Louisiana...granted, that time may take 5 years, but still.....Aw f*ck, I'm never going to see it down here. *sigh*
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 7:58 am Reply with quote
Hmm..I wonder if you have the same titles that I have in Philly. Only because I think there's quite a good variety of titles on the list now. It's not like they can put their entire catalog up there at once Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Allen
Company Representative

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:10 am Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
Hmm..I wonder if you have the same titles that I have in Philly. Only because I think there's quite a good variety of titles on the list now. It's not like they can put their entire catalog up there at once :?

I still like to see them move away from the pay per view/on demand type system they are using and become more of a traditional cable channel with some original programming like Tech TV and G4. Nothing really major, but I think they could swing maybe some sort of original programming like reviews show or culture type shows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:58 am Reply with quote
evafan lets see which state gets it first. Alabama or Louisiana?

both don't have a chance in hell. (sigh) Laughing
Ataru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Hopely it make it's way on to DirecTV some time this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Cassandra wrote:
Hmm..I wonder if you have the same titles that I have in Philly. Only because I think there's quite a good variety of titles on the list now. It's not like they can put their entire catalog up there at once Confused

I didn't mean throw up their entire catalog at once. What I meant to saw was that once TAN gets to more areas, they could expand and show anime from different companies. As of right now the only non-ADV title they're showing is Boogiepop Phantom. I'm not complaining, as I'm getting for free, but I would like to see different anime in the future.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Boxie wrote:

I still like to see them move away from the pay per view/on demand type system they are using and become more of a traditional cable channel with some original programming like Tech TV and G4. Nothing really major, but I think they could swing maybe some sort of original programming like reviews show or culture type shows.

Eh...I don't have TechTV so I can't comment on that, but G4 really blows as a channel. They don't have enough programming to fill all their timeslots so it endlessly repeats. The way TAN is set up right now, they don't have timeslots to fill. That's the part that's great. They don't have to put filler shows in there that will repeat until people get sick of looking at them.

It's a great idea, but a really crappy channel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Louie-kun wrote:

I didn't mean throw up their entire catalog at once. What I meant to saw was that once TAN gets to more areas, they could expand and show anime from different companies. As of right now the only non-ADV title they're showing is Boogiepop Phantom. I'm not complaining, as I'm getting for free, but I would like to see different anime in the future.

Well, that depends on how many other companies are willing to work with them. Right Stuf would be ideal to work with them since (I'm pretty sure) the shows they have wouldn't work on too many other channels. (Yes, I know BP is on Tech TV...) But Bandai has a lot of shows on Cartoon Network so I don't know how willing they would be to work with ADV on TAN.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 2:33 pm Reply with quote
i live in detroit how do u get it? can u get it on bright house networks?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:27 pm Reply with quote
You have to have Comcast digital cable to get it. I don't know about any other cable companies in Detroit that get it.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:11 pm Reply with quote
how much is comcast and how do i get it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Here, go to www.comcast.com and find out for yourself.
MelancholyDevil

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 6:41 pm Reply with quote
SkullKnight wrote:
evafan lets see which state gets it first. Alabama or Louisiana?

both don't have a chance in hell. (sigh)

Bet? I got $20 on EVERY state on the mainland getting it before ANY state in the south does (south, you hear me Florida, the SOUTH...ya'll ain't the the south, you may be in the south, but ya'll ain't the south)
Ian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:39 pm Reply with quote
I too hope that DTV will pick it up. As for the south, if any state in the south get's it first it's here in good old Virginia. Anyway, I think the PPV/On Demand thing is great (though I have not used it) because I have a schedual...it's kinda like a TiVo, only not. And you can watch whatever whenever...better than PPV.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2