• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
really really good Anime "there is no more"

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HetBaasje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Recently i have watched alot of Anime.
The only thing is that the last anime i watched is good, but not super.
Like when u watch Chobits,Air,Suzuka,Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien,Onegai series,Saikano, and more like that genre.

I almost couldn't stop watching this Anime, because it was so great.

But recently i watch anime like Sister pricess or Lamune its good but i don't get the feeling it's great.

Anyone have the same recently or do i just missing an ANIME? Arrow
Satanachia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Not quite certain of what your message is trying to get at, I'm thinking it's something like "It's good but not really good." If that is what you are trying to say, then I'd say for me, Inu Yasha is one of those types. The story is good and all, but it is basically the same slice of pie as the last. Inu Yasha finds an uber demon, fights for an episode or two, and ends up winning. Though I do like the plot twists spoiler[ Such as when Kikyo is found in a pool under a waterfall and Kagome resurrects her by nulifying the miasma. ]
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:19 pm Reply with quote
HetBaasje wrote:
Like when u watch Chobits,Air,Suzuka,Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien,Onegai series,Saikano, and more like that genre.

But recently i watch anime like Sister pricess or Lamune its good but i don't get the feeling it's great.

Anyone have the same recently or do i just missing an ANIME? Arrow

What exactly is your question? Are you asking for recommendations? Then if you are please visit this thread Most importantly set up your my anime that way we know what anime you rated high and what you didn't.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Are you trying to ask for recommendations?
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
I have no idea what you're trying to say. Are you trying to ask for recommendations?

What happened to "I'm good at deciphering gibberish"? Laughing

I don't think he's asking for recommendations.

Quote:

Anyone have the same recently or do i just missing an ANIME?

Quote:
Recently, I have watched a lot of anime.
The anime I am watching these days are good, but they don't give me the "anxious for more" feeling.
Examples of anime that gave me this "anxious for more" feeling include: Chobits, Air, Suzuka, Kiminozo, Onegai series, Saikano, etc.

I almost couldn't stop watching these series, because they were so wonderful.

But recently, I've been watching anime such as Sister Princess and Lamune. They're good, but I don't have that strong desire to watch more like I got from the above series.

Anyone have a similar experience?
Daemonblue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:25 pm Reply with quote
It really depends on your taastes, everyone likes different genres, so everyone will most likely have this kind of low, depending on what is made. If you haven't already, check out Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora, it's a very good 6 episode anime, there's even going to be a live action drama sometime this Autumn. Some others you might want to check out would be To Heart and Kanon (the latter is being remade into a 24 episode series soon). Another decent anime is Canvas 2 ~Niji Iro no Sketch~. Maybe even check out xXxHolic, not the best artwork, but a good storyline.
Arkard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I dont know about that.
Mushishi is a rather new anime, and I believe it will become an instant classic in the future. Not exactly a piece to my own taste, but to many people it is THE new anime. NANA seems to become more and more popular and the new season of Honey and Clover is possibly one of the most popular anime at this moment.
When I watch NANA and H&C I feel for every character. I feel the little tid bits of real life, the little drama of every day situations etc. Those 2 are the anime I watch now, and I am feeling this need to watch it all. I cant stop it. So to try and answer your question - No, I still manage to find new anime that ignite some passion in me. You just need to look harder to find yours Smile
ryokoalways

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Well from the titles you've given, other than 2 great ones already mentioned above(ouran and honey and clover), you may want to try Hoshi no Koe and Kumo no mukou Yakusoku no basho. They seem to fit the genres that you are drawn to at the moment.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:56 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Wolverine Princess wrote:

What happened to "I'm good at deciphering gibberish"? Laughing

Well, I guess I can't win them all. With his opening post plus the title of the thread, I thought he was saying something along the lines of:

Quote:
The anime I have seen are Chobits, Air, Suzuka, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, the Onegai Teacher/Twins series, and Saikano. I marathoned Sister Princess and Lamune and they disheartened me to the point of believing I seen every "good one". Have I seen every good anime in existence? Because right now I'm thinking "there is no more".
xxfriskoplaya

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quote
dont worry dawg i feel u.
recently.. this whole summer (starting in june-now) I've seen roughly 40 different animes.

I've seen really good ones like shakugan no shana or the melancholy of haruhi suzumiyah or erementar gerad (elemental gelade) however... I've also seen animes like peach girl or kiba or chrono crusade where in the beginning im all like "ok this is gonna be good" then i start feeling like i already know wuts goin 2 happen.

thats wutchu mean right? its a sort of feeling of unsatisfaction.

since i can agree with how u feel... i wanna ask u a question...

-Does Air Gear have any romance in it?? And if it does... is it with the girl with glasses?? i dont wanna watch it if it gots no romance because then it loses that "kick" and ill feel unsatisfied again.
Nirvana

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:25 am Reply with quote
Hmmm, I'm assuming that you're asking if we feel that there is just a lack of great animes still out there.

You are right to a certain extent; when we begin watching anime, we are often recommended anime to watch -- and these anime series are usually the best of the best... these are recommended to us so that we are hooked onto anime.

However, I feel that the more you watch anime, the more you appreciate certain aspects of it. Examples include character development, stories, or just the things you didn't recognize earlier like music or even the different camera angles. IMO, an anime such as Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, would not be a good anime for beginners to watch, because it is just so out there. However, experienced anime viewers such as ourselves know more about anime so not only do we understand the parodies, tehre are certain aspects to the anime that we see that new anime viewers would not catch.

What I'm saying is that we've seen the best of the best. But now, we are learning to appreciate anime in new ways, making anime something new all the time. Though I suppose that the anime isn't as "great" as the greatest anime such as FMA, Elfen Lied, Rumbling Hearts, etc... anime will always be awesome in the sense that there is always something new and creative coming from it.
HetBaasje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:10 am Reply with quote
Iam not really asking for recomendations, caus the most Anime u guy's come up with i already seen. ..

Yes i saw alot, the only point is i think ANIME is getting downgrades.
HetBaasje

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:17 am Reply with quote
a list form what i saw so far www.anime-today.net/1.txt
Urd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:21 am Reply with quote
If you don't want recommendations, what do you want ?
undeadben

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:54 am Reply with quote
HetBaasje wrote:
Yes i saw alot, the only point is i think ANIME is getting downgrades.

I'm sorry but what does this mean? Also you shouldn't double post, and I think linking to a list is the same as posting a list, neither really says a lot. Maybe you should try to explain what you mean a little more.

In my opinion, if you are trying to say that anime has gone down in quality and you are basing it on that list, I think you should really check out some other titles, even if you don't ask for recommendations. I honestly only really like about 13 of the titles you listed. And if newer anime doesn't do it for you, there are loads and loads of anime made in the 90's and 80's that is easily accessible, especially if it's good.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2