• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tatsuhisa Suzuki, Mamoru Miyano Star in Final Fantasy XV

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote
All guys. Great. Sounds splendid. Not.

I loved FF when I was a kid. I still do love those games. Not these. These aren't the masterpieces I once knew. I hope every time they announce a new game maybe they'll bring back their game. I guess I should just stop hoping.

I definitely heard Keiji Fujiwara in that trailer, though... They have some kind of obsession with him.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quote
Dat art! Aside from the anime hair, the faces are sooo detailed and realistic! Dunno who Koru Rionisu is in the game, but im liking his character so far~~
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:16 am Reply with quote
Miyano Mamoru~
God, he's hilarious.

I don't get all the sudden hate. For sure, it's really different compared to what we know as "Final Fantasy" in its classic sense. However, we've known what the game was going to be like for at least 5 years, if not all 7 or 8 years since its initial announcement. If Square didn't turn Versus XIII into FFXV, the entire thing might've been scrapped. I'd rather have it be different and be handled by a team that can handle SOMETHING evidently properly (Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 behind their belt--none of the spin-offs, though, if you're worried about that) than canceled and re-handled by the FFXIII team.

If people want classic Final Fantasy, check out Bravely Default! I have the Japanese version and it feels like a classic from the SNES and PS1 age, just with awesome, modern aesthetics and everything! Otherwise, you'll just have to deal with it. Final Fantasy would not survive financially if it stayed the same this entire time. It may not exactly be a financial success right now, either, but at least it's still alive.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
The more I see about FF15 the less interested I get. This is like one big fujoshi game now. And previously I was really upset about how they got rid of the turn based battles that defined Final Fantasy... nothing at all is looking appealing about the direction they are going.
Shiiru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 am Reply with quote
I KNEW I heard Mink Miyake Kenta. I swear it was supposed to be Yasumoto Hiroki though ?

I'm pretty sure I heard Nakamura Yuuichi.

mewpudding101 wrote:
I definitely heard Keiji Fujiwara in that trailer, though... They have some kind of obsession with him.

Yet another red(ish) haired.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
The more I see about FF15 the less interested I get. This is like one big fujoshi game now.

Contrary to you, I'm more interested in the game now that they have my fave voice actors. Laughing

I wonder if fans will like the new game.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Why is it all guys, though?

The last thing I want my role-playing game to be is a sausage fest. Confused
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Why is it all guys, though?

The last thing I want my role-playing game to be is a sausage fest. Confused

Cry more.

Mmmm, first Free! and now this, the Otaku tears and the straight male rage are delicious.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I feel like this thread is destined for greatness.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe the gender of casts is such a big deal for people.

I'm also confused at this "turn based combat is FF" talk. Well all the FF's have different battle systems and really few of them are completely turn based. Most of them have had that semi, real time turn based combat. Few are "take your turn, enemy takes their turn, now it's your turn". After 4, not really. So going completely real time isn't a big change.

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
I can't believe the gender of casts is such a big deal for people.

As someone who normally plays FF games as a harem, with the MC being surrounded by female party members, this greatly kills my interest.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Can you play FF XV with Japanese voices on a western copy?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
I'm also confused at this "turn based combat is FF" talk. Well all the FF's have different battle systems and really few of them are completely turn based. Most of them have had that semi, real time turn based combat. Few are "take your turn, enemy takes their turn, now it's your turn". After 4, not really. So going completely real time isn't a big change.

Going real time matters when you don't like action games. I'm a huge FF fan but I hated Kingdom Hearts because its an action game. I want turned based JRPGs, not action games.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
The more I see about FF15 the less interested I get. This is like one big fujoshi game now. And previously I was really upset about how they got rid of the turn based battles that defined Final Fantasy... nothing at all is looking appealing about the direction they are going.

Would you rather the game have Auto-Battle or Gambits? You know, a game that plays itself?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

Would you rather the game have Auto-Battle or Gambits? You know, a game that plays itself?

Actually, yeah. FF12 had one of the best battle systems of the series. Like I said in my previous post, being an action game actually ruins the entire game for me, so any turn based style would be preferable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2