• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - That's FUNi, You're FUNi

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahiru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
Regarding the problems with Crunchyroll (and other streaming players), is everyone talking about PC/Mac viewing, or on devices?

I stream pretty much exclusively on iPad and Roku, which means I'm getting the HTTP Live Streaming version, which has its own quirks.

I stream exclusively on Roku, and I rarely encounter issues on CR's player, even during peak hours. However, Funimation's current Roku app is laughable, especially during peak viewing time; I've rarely had a good experience. I DO commend them for providing a Roku app and I am looking forward to the update, and will continue my EV subscription until the (hopefully) much improved version rolls out.

I tend to encounter a lot of issues with TAN's player (on my laptop, TAN does not have a Roku app); so though I'm a premium subscriber, I rarely watch, even though there are several shows I'm interested in seeing - it tends to be just an exercise in frustration.

504NOSON2 wrote:
The Anime Network's player doesn't buffer at all; it's completely been disabled. I cried watching Clannad, and it wasn't for the touching scenes. So, I barely visit, even though I'm a premium subscriber.

^ This
Jason_F

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:49 am Reply with quote
I am 41 and listen to Anncast so I'm way past the demographic. Keep up the good work.
PGRM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Time for scattered impressions as I'm listening.

Super glad that they're fixing the site. Once the site (especially the player) is fixed, I'm going to resubscribe to FUNi EVS. It simply stopped working for me at points in my area.

Good on them for delaying Last Exile: Fam, the Silver Wing due to QC issues. While some folks might get up in arms about it, it avoids a Sentai-type situation, because it ensures that the release isn't half-assed.

I do want to start looking into this blog on old anime ads/whatnot. This sounds super entertaining.

"Drink every time you hear, 'Stay tuned.'" Don't you dare tempt me, I love bad ideas

I do love FUNimation and am excited to hear some more potential announcements, such as a finalized date for stuff like Michiko and Hatchin. Been excited ever since I caught the dub premiere at Anime Boston.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5