• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio You Cancels Kuroko's Basketball Dōjinshi Event in Tokyo

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
It's really quite simple. Such events for the franchise should not be planned without first budgeting on security. The police don't have to guard the events, as trained security guards from professional security companies are easily hireable in the phonebook (though they're not cheap). Failing that, get more volunteers or staffers than usual to run the event and have them keep watch. After all, these threats are not made in seriousness, so the staffers are not going to be in any danger except perhaps dying from boredom when the punk never shows up.
grooven

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Yeah, this is turning into a bad running joke.
This! What the hell! This is beyond being funny. It deserves it's own meme now -_-
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:
I'm just saying, but cancelling these events will only encourage more threat letters because it works. The only way to get out of this cycle is to ignore the threats and hold the events with extra security.

Exactly what I'm thinking, if you cancelled the event, the guy who send the threatening letters win, and that give this person more power. It would be like US not going to Afghanistan after 9/11. Also what's up with the police not taking any real action, and extra security would've really help a lot.
Because talking about politics will land you in hot water here, I'm going to keep this very scant. That is a very poor assessment of the motivation behind going to the Middle East, and a very one-sided way of looking at it. That is all.
wohdin

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
v1cious wrote:
Fennekin wrote:
I am so sick and tired of this, and I don't even watch this anime! Someone needs to find who is doing this and stop them. Every time I see a new report on this, it just makes me more mad. Cancelling these events only make it worse in the long-run.

I don't think it's just one person doing this. It's become a meme at this point.

This is why I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing will happen to Free! ("Swimming Anime") doujin events considering how the male otaku reacted. Honestly, I don't care for any of these events, but it just seems awful that some people's fun gets ruined just because one person is being a big jerk.

Apparently this is all suspected to be happening because of a personal vendetta the perpetrator has against the mangaka in question (mainly because of some personal details that have arisen in those letters), so I highly doubt Free! will suffer slings and arrows just for the hell of it. I mean the str8boiz can be kind of idiotic at times, but I don't think they would go through all of this just because something is yaoibait. I mean, there have been plenty of series like this in the past, and Kuroko is pretty much the first one to ever see this kind of reaction, and it really has nothing to do with the content anyway.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
Pokenatic wrote:
I'm just saying, but cancelling these events will only encourage more threat letters because it works. The only way to get out of this cycle is to ignore the threats and hold the events with extra security.

Exactly what I'm thinking, if you cancelled the event, the guy who send the threatening letters win, and that give this person more power. It would be like US not going to Afghanistan after 9/11. Also what's up with the police not taking any real action, and extra security would've really help a lot.
Because talking about politics will land you in hot water here, I'm going to keep this very scant. That is a very poor assessment of the motivation behind going to the Middle East, and a very one-sided way of looking at it. That is all.

Well you got any other good example or analogies to compare the cancelling dojinshi event over a threat to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:41 pm Reply with quote
^ The thing is that yours wasn't a good example. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

[/OT]

Seriously, everytime I see one of these announcements, I die a little inside. But hey, can't blame them, why waste money and time in some fujoshi when you can put some really dangerous, life-threatening pirates behind the bars. Keep up the good work!
Chagen46

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Ma'an, I bet if some wacko threatened a popular male otaku work Comiket would hire the goddamn JSDF to defend the place, but everyone just caves in here.

Goddamit.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Why do they even schedule kurobasu events then? If you know you're going to cancel it why announce it in the first place? Just stop kurobasu events then. Sick of this.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
I don't know who this clown is that keeps doing this but I wish he or she would stop this. What does this person have against "Kuroko's Basketball?" I'd love to see this person in jail because this is getting really ridiculous.
phaggotlast

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:31 am Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:
I don't know who this clown is that keeps doing this but I wish he or she would stop this. What does this person have against "Kuroko's Basketball?" I'd love to see this person in jail because this is getting really ridiculous.

Mangaka went to the same university as him, somehow ruined his life and now he wants to get back by targeting his works.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2