• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sound Decision - The Pillows in Hollywood

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:45 am Reply with quote
Bell02 wrote:
Also, I swore Good Dreams came out in the US from Genon. I don't really know though because I always import, so I usually have the CDs a long while before they are released here. I would say that its good to support them in the US and buy domestic CDs but I can't wait that long, darn it! (Its bad enough to wait for the Japanese releases, as I pre-order new cds also)

Aw man, it'd be nice to have the money to always import new CDs. Razz

Seriously, a typical Japanese release is somewhere near $30, isn't it?
dokool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Ferquin wrote:
dokoll wrote:
Absolutely amazing, even though I have once again missed out on hearing Crazy Sunshine live

How'd you miss that? You were at the Seattle stop, right? They did Crazy Sunshine.

Not this year they didn't. Look at the setlist you posted, I don't see Crazy Sunshine anywhere on it. Given that my only karaoke victory was for the song, I'd think I would recognize it Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ferquin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Uh, yes it is. It's the tenth one down. It's in katakana. I remember because Yamanaka said before he started it, "I know why you like the pillows! It's because you like good music! You have good taste" Then they started to jam out "Crazy Sunshine".

Here's a translation of the set list:

• RUNNERS HIGH
  • Come Down
  • ROCK'N'ROLL SINNERS
  • I think I can
  • Blues Drive Monster
  • THE AIR LESISTER
  • ONE LIFE
  • TERMINAL HEAVEN'S ROCK
  • I know you
  • Crazy Sunshine
  • MY FOOT
  • THE THIRD EYE
  • Sleepy Head
  • Ride on shooting star
  • LITTLE BUSTERS
  • HYBRID RAINBOW
And unlisted is a quickie encore performance of "Advice".

Perhaps you were delirious (or possibly overly-ecstatic) from the intense heat and missed it? I know we all were boiling in there. Even Yamanaka commented on the heat. In any case, I definitely know they played "Crazy Sunshine".

Josh7289 wrote:

It's probably cheaper on cdjapan, but I ordered mine through Kinokuniya and they're $37 each.

Bell02 wrote:
Also, I swore Good Dreams came out in the US from Genon. I don't really know though because I always import, so I usually have the CDs a long while before they are released here. I would say that its good to support them in the US and buy domestic CDs but I can't wait that long, darn it! (Its bad enough to wait for the Japanese releases, as I pre-order new cds also)

Geneon didn't release "GOOD DREAMS". I'd definitely import it though. Totally worth it for "xavier", "WALKIN' ON THE SPIRAL", "Orange Film Garden", "Rosy Head", and of course the title track. It's a shame Geneon isn't really keeping up on releasing all the pillows albums like they originally said they would. At least "MY FOOT" is relatively new, just coming out in January. The official American street release is this month, so it's not too far behind the Japanese release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dokool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Ferquin wrote:
Perhaps you were delirious (or possibly overly-ecstatic) from the intense heat and missed it? I know we all were boiling in there. Even Yamanaka commented on the heat. In any case, I definitely know they played "Crazy Sunshine".

Did they play ALL of it or just a part? I mean, it's my favorite song of theirs, I'd have THOUGHT I'd have recognized it x.x
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Bell02

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:50 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:

Yeah well, I'm use to the prices now. Only when I see american CDs I just think stuff like "$13.99! That's cheap!"

Sometimes Amazon Japan has them cheaper, they also can have some older songs than other sites.. I usually don't buy from import shops because they tend to cost $10 more (and I don't hold any loyalties to any perticular local shop anymore) and its easier to by 3-5 CDs at a time and ship them for $20, without tax.
Ferquin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:56 pm Reply with quote
dokool wrote:
Did they play ALL of it or just a part? I mean, it's my favorite song of theirs, I'd have THOUGHT I'd have recognized it x.x

Yeah, they played the whole thing. I don't see why they'd play only part of it. Maybe you confused it with another song?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2