• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Samurai Pizza Cats release?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:28 am Reply with quote
Was Samurai Pizza cats legally released in R1?? I saw this listing on Amazon and it looks suspicious.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006L1PDY/102-0637845-0759344?v=glance&n=130
demonix

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:32 am Reply with quote
Abarenbo Shogun wrote:
Was Samurai Pizza cats legally released in R1?? I saw this listing on Amazon and it looks suspicious.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006L1PDY/102-0637845-0759344?v=glance&n=130

It hasn't been released in the states and that is a complete fake (as I've seen this item already) thus this is an illegal version
Punchey Monk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:26 am Reply with quote
Well, the Amazon listing mentions that the DVD is an import, so it's possible that the DVD was a Canadian release (the DVD is Region 1 and, by and large, bootlegs tend to be region-free). The show hasn't seen a U.S. release, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been released elsewhere in the Region 1 area.
demonix

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:24 am Reply with quote
Punchey Monk wrote:
Well, the Amazon listing mentions that the DVD is an import, so it's possible that the DVD was a Canadian release (the DVD is Region 1 and, by and large, bootlegs tend to be region-free). The show hasn't seen a U.S. release, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been released elsewhere in the Region 1 area.

No it isn't and I've seen this on another forun and someone did notice that is was a pirate DVD and wasn't a official release
Digital Dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:46 am Reply with quote
hard to say.

The only thing that I can comment on is that I know that Saban did release a copy of the Samuria Pizza Cat Movie on VHS around about 1995. However this one was episode 52-53 The Big Comet Caper (Part 1 & 2) joined together as an extra long episode.
SalarymanJoe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Punchey Monk wrote:

I would think that a "R1 Import" would raise more red flags than an R0 Import. How many DVDs are released in Canada that aren't in the US? Not to mention, something that a US company holds the rights to (as far as I know)?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1