• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hey Amazon, WTF?!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimmy Crackers

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:06 am Reply with quote
Anyone who shops at amazon pretty much knows that the third-seller marketplace is a haven for anime bootlegs.

Well get this, I searched for "Rurouni Kenshin" on the main page, I actually found, amongst all the legit Rurouni Kenshin DVDs, the complete bootleg collection! Yup, that's right, on the same page with all the legit DVDs, as in, not in the third-seller marketplace where you normally find bootlegs!

That just sickens me. Amazon, what the hell happened? Is this a glitch or something? Why did you feature a bootleg on the same page as the legit DVDs?

Okay, I know this came off as a little rant, but I'm just shocked and disgusted at the fact of seeing a bootleg listed on the main sales page. Since I regularly buy things from Amazon, and AFAIK, Amazon never had a history of selling bootlegs, having a bootleg of Rurouni Kenshin where shoppers can easily see it, will only end up hurting the customer, and Amazon itself.

I pray that Amazon regains their sanity and removes that bootleg from their list, as well as hope that Amazon doesn't make a habit of this.

I just wanted to give you guys a little heads up about this. Peace.
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:23 am Reply with quote
Sometimes the information from those third-party sellers gets added into the main database. That doesn't mean it's actually available directly from Amazon.com though. I recommend going to the page, scrolling down to the "Suggestion Box" and submitting a report there.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote
What makes you certain it was a bootleg?

if it says region 0 then Amazon.co.uk often labels all their anime DVDs region 0, legit or not. I bought WHR from there and the site said region 0 but upon delivery the DVD cases all said region 2 and had all the correct artwork, disclaimers and the like.
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:30 am Reply with quote
Because it's the entire series in one set and the company is FX. And like I said, it's still not actually Amazon selling it. The information has simply been added into their database.
Jimmy Crackers

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:43 am Reply with quote
Well, thats a relief. I hoped that Amazon were aware of bootlegs, and that their policy is to never be involved with pirated goods, but I suppose in this case, it couldn't be helped.

Oh, and good point, one3rd. Even though the bootleg is on the main page, you indeed don't buy it directly from Amazon. I just thought that it was Amazon that put the bootleg on the main page, which is why I made that little rant. However, it was the third-party seller that put it there. Hmm.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 4:32 am Reply with quote
Yea there is a difference, if the DVDs (bootlegs)were coming from Amazon directly I would be very worried. But since you were probably dealing with the Amazon Marketplace (Think like Ebay) which means basically any seller (could be an individual also) can post any item legit or bootleg.
But hey just ignore the bootlegs and get those new releases from Media Blaster.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1