• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime similar to Chobits "who knows?"

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HetBaasje

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Anime similar to Chobits "who knows?"

Admins -> please don't close this thead i got reason to post this.
Did u search?, Hell yes every where even god has no anwser!

When i saw Chobits it imidiately was one of my favorite anime series just like onegai series and Saikano.
The humour was so good for the first time of verry much Anime i saw i laughed out loud.
And the Romance side of this Anime was also somthing i liked verry much, because of the sircumstances

any one knows a Anime i might also like or witch is similar please first see my list caus i already saw pretty much.

My Anime: http://www.anime-today.net/1.txt

Thanks !
outlawwolf

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, there's DearS which is basically Persocoms=Alien girls and they have HUGE boobies. There's a much larger male cheuvanistic feel to this one but if that doesn't bother you, go for it. Also, After the carnage that is the beginning of Elfen Lied, Lucy, the main girl becomes something very similar to Chii in that she does really cute things and can only say Nyuu for a while. I hear that changes somewhere midway though.
angel_lover

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:26 pm Reply with quote
From your description of what you want in an anime, the only one I can think of that comes close is Rozen Maiden. The romance aspect isn't as obvious as Chobits, but it's still there.
HetBaasje

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:27 pm Reply with quote
thanks for the tip, i will look some informatiob up about DearS
and uhm Already saw elfen lied
Mylene

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:50 pm Reply with quote
If you enjoy comedy, don't mind a little action, and enjoy the 'robot' (if you will) aspect of Chobits, then I recommend a slighly older series in that style, Saber Marionette J. On a world where women do not exist (for reasons the show explains), marionettes are created to give the impression of women still being around. One boy happens across trio of very special marionettes, and various mayhem ensues.

One of the first 10 or so anime that I saw, I really enjoyed this show. It's been awhile since I've watched it, so it's possible the humor might be a bit outdated. But it was a fun romp, and Lime, Cherry, and Bloodberry are fantastic characters, with Lime being voiced by the ever-great Hayashibara Megumi.
Alucalb

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:50 pm Reply with quote
For more cute robo-babe hijinks, you can't go wrong the Nuku Nuku series:

anime#556
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:35 am Reply with quote
HaddenIV

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quote
When I first saw this thread I thought of DearS aswell, it has the same tastefull nudity and a great story line, lots of comedy to it aswell
HetBaasje

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:32 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the big help guy's i will look up some anime series
saikori

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm a big Chobits fan myself. One I would recommend would be Negima. It'll be releasing in the US this summer and it's one of my favorites. It has a Harry Potter meets Tenchi Muyo feel in my opinion. I think you'd dig it Smile
daristar

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I tried your link for already seen Anime and I get a 404.

As mentioned DearS. I actually enjoyed this more then Chobits. But I think that might have to do with being annoyed with the guy's voice in Chobits at times.

None of the other romances I've seen really match the circumstances of Chobits that much IMO. The ones that are sort of close:

This Ugly Yet Beautiful World: Close because the 2 girls learn about love and other good things. Fair amount of action, some comedy.

Shakugan No Shana (or just Shana in the encyc). Again girl learns about love, because she has no frame of reference previously. Fair amount of action.

Kanon: Guy with a bad memory comes back to a town and runs into girls who remember him. Not much action, mostly comedy.

Good luck
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:48 am Reply with quote
daristar wrote:
Kanon: Guy with a bad memory comes back to a town and runs into girls who remember him. Not much action, mostly comedy.
Kanon has some comedy, but I can't say it's "mostly" comedy..if you consider some of the events, like spoiler[estranged sisters, with one being sickly, Mai fighting strange demons in the school, Makoto getting sick and losing her humanity because she was the reincarnation of a fox, Nayuki's mother getting into a rather serious accident, and the piéce de resistànce, Ayu being an angel/spirit after having fallen from a high tree seven years prior], Kanon is more of a drama than anything else.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1