• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
anyone seen Final Fantasy VII - Dirge of Cerberus yet ?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qvalster

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:48 am Reply with quote
I have just heard that this summer Square-Enix gonna realese Final Fantasy VII - Dirge of Cerberus and Final Fantasy VII - Battle Crisis to Playstation 2. I heard that they have made a movie about Dirge of Cerberus and i wonder if anyone have seen it yet ??
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:47 am Reply with quote
The only thing i've heard about Dirge of Cerberus was the game that you mentioned. By the way its the first person shooter right? Anyhow I haven't heard of any movie about it. Also its not listed in the encyclopedia. Either its just been released or its still in developping stages. I recommend going through all of the latest news about any of the final fantasies.

"Believe it!"

- IchigoK90
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Azathrael

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:00 pm Reply with quote
A certain fansub group fansubbed what seems to be like a small video clip from FFVII - Dirge of Cerberus. I think that's what he's referring to.
Code001

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me, or is it too late to keep milking the FFVII video game? I didn't even care for Advent Children that much. Good graphics but that was about it.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:27 pm Reply with quote
The sales would dictate otherwise, FFVII did very well for a niche anime title and while its stellar sales only lasted a short while it certainly did bring in Square quite a bit of cash. With the movie it only reawakens those rabid fans and this would be the perfect time to milk it a little more. A remake of FFVII would be their smartest move, I'm a huge fan of the original game but Dirge of Cerberus is of no interest to me, a remake would have made a sale with me however.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Code001

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
The sales would dictate otherwise, FFVII did very well for a niche anime title and while its stellar sales only lasted a short while it certainly did bring in Square quite a bit of cash. With the movie it only reawakens those rabid fans and this would be the perfect time to milk it a little more. A remake of FFVII would be their smartest move, I'm a huge fan of the original game but Dirge of Cerberus is of no interest to me, a remake would have made a sale with me however.

Maybe I'm just too old-fashioned? FFVII was and still is my favorite RPG of all time and while a remake would be cool, I have a feeling it would not be just like the original, ya know? I remember when they remade MGS for Gamecube.... Boy did that suck. Sad
Azathrael

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I have news for you all:

"It has been said to bring a Final Fantasy VII remake to the PlayStation 3, and match the quality shown in the tech-demo at E3 (2005) would require a team of at least 300 people and would likely take in excess of five years to create.

At the moment, it appears Final Fantasy XIII will arrive on the PS3 far before a FFVII remake."
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't care if it matched the tech demo, just a port of the original with performance improvements, I can't imagine that would be too hard. Either way, DoC doesn't look interesting at all and aside from having a Final Fantasy VII character really doesn't look like it has any real elements of the original in it. Like the movie, it really just looks like another quick money maker for Square to milk their most successful franchise. If it turns out to be a good game I'll consider it, but the Final Fantasy VII label and character isn't going to attract my attention alone.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I have news for you all:

"It has been said to bring a Final Fantasy VII remake to the PlayStation 3, and match the quality shown in the tech-demo at E3 (2005) would require a team of at least 300 people and would likely take in excess of five years to create.

At the moment, it appears Final Fantasy XIII will arrive on the PS3 far before a FFVII remake."

stop making up rumor to keep FFVII fanboy hopes up. SE said it many time, they have no plan of remaking FFVII.
Azathrael

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

stop making up rumor to keep FFVII fanboy hopes up. SE said it many time, they have no plan of remaking FFVII.

Did you actually read it or are you blind as a bat? I'm not a FF fan to begin with, so don't jump on any FF news you see, disillusioned from your biased hatred for FF fanboys. I couldn't care less whether they remade FF or not.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote
i never said you are a FFVII fan. i just said you make up stuffs as fact. what you said it's not news. There are FF news about FFXIII, FF vs XIII for PS3, and some re-release FFs for Nintendo DS.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
An SE exec at last years E3 said that it's not going to happen becasue it takkes too many people and time. They might port the OG verison PSP, but that's about it... for now.
Code001 wrote:
I remember when they remade MGS for Gamecube.... Boy did that suck. Sad
Why did it suck? Becasue the faces look less blocky? 2 Disc? It plays just like the Playstation version, execpt for some control changes, but all it is cleaned up and face lift.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Code001

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Ataru wrote:
Code001 wrote:
I remember when they remade MGS for Gamecube.... Boy did that suck. Sad
Why did it suck? Becasue the faces look less blocky? 2 Disc? It plays just like the Playstation version, execpt for some control changes, but all it is cleaned up and face lift.

Because the "movie scenes" were so fake, it was beyond ridiculous. Throwing an unpinned grenade up in your hand for like 20 seconds and then throwing it directly into the barrel of a tank? Give me a break. Rolling Eyes The director, Ryuhei Kitamura, didn't have a damn clue about how the real MGS should have been created. IMO of course. The face lift wasn't bad at all and even the controls were fine, but it was the movie scenes that made it total crap.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I don't know about anyone else but when it comes to video games I generally pass judgement based on the gameplay, not the cutscenes. If it was a movie you'd have a point, but as a game there's a lot more important factors than cutscene quality. If I despised every game that had ludicrous cutscenes I certainly wouldn't enjoy very many.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Code001 wrote:

Because the "movie scenes" were so fake, it was beyond ridiculous. Throwing an unpinned grenade up in your hand for like 20 seconds and then throwing it directly into the barrel of a tank?
Jeez, if I was this picky, then why I am watching anime. YOU LIED TO ME SAILOR MOON! I can't use the power of Love to save the world. Besides, I don't care how strong you are, you can't walk around with a Vulcan Cannon strapped to your back. spoiler[And crows eating a person should leave something other then the gun. I doubt they'll go though all the troble to lick the ice, cold ground clean.] Now, who's being picky. Relax, it for dramatics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2