• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Does Zatch from Zatchbell have more then one attack?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x_Hisoka_x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I watched an episode and it was basically a recap of what happend in the show so far and it must have shown like at least 10 battles/fights and all he uses is that damn lightningbolt! Does Zatch use any other techniques? Also, I'm a little upset that Zatch is probably the dumbest looking mamodo. I dig that chick with the green dress' mamodo. He's like all black and he shoots like purple spheres. He's kicka$$. So back to my main point, later on in the show to do battles get some variety besides Kiyo yelling the spell name (can't recall what it was) and Zatch zapping them a couple times?

Edit: changed my spelling of mammoto to mamodo.
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:03 am Reply with quote
Gash's attacks are all roughly based on lightning projectiles, though he has some unique techniques (a magical shield, magnetic ball and a power up skill). Furthermore, Gash's childish appearance is part of the show's appeal; "cool" characters rarely make for strong leads, but are excellent as secondary characters or antagonists.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Having only seen the dub, I can only tell you what his first 6 spells/attacks are. The sixth one was just recently revealed.
spoiler[1. Standard Lightning Attack from above.
2. A Giant Shield sprouts up from the ground.
3. A Static Ball hits the opponent, making them magnetic.
4. An Electric Dragon that seems to be based on Kiyo's energy/effort.
5. Straight Arrow-Like Lightning Attack.
6. Power Enhancer, makes him temporarily MUCH faster & stronger.]

Despite Zatch having various lightning attacks, all the fights aren't as simple as zapping them and they're done. Many have some half-baked strategy from Kiyo. Wink But then, they do usually have to rely on the lightning attacks, simply because that's their only attack and they need to win somehow. I mean, if you look at the other mamodo, most have themes as well, it's just that you don't follow them around and have to see them every episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1