• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pokefreaks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Just finished watching the series and enjoyed it. I haven't checked all of the previous posts in this thread but I"m pretty sure someone has already mentioned how Yuuko looks a lot like Senjou Gahara or Yamada's sister. I'm really fine with the character design as far as the series goes but I just hope they make her a bit more unique since I"m planning to buy one of her figures. So far, I'd only seen Wave's beach queen figures for Yuko and most people might get amnesiac over who she is when they see her with a swimsuit around other figures. I might ended up getting that one if her school uniform PVC won't be released.

I'm pretty satisfied with both possible endings and consider that the first season is good enough. I'll just have to check out the manga to know if there's any continuation after the plot similar to Anime ending.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 pm Reply with quote
After noticing something interesting in rewatching the last episode, I went back and rewatched episodes 2 and 3 and noticed the same interesting detail, one that would likely only be caught on a rewatch:

spoiler[When Yuuko first appeared to Teiichi, her left leg - in other words, the one we later find out that she broke - was shoeless and commonly swathed in shadow. It didn't take on a normal appearance until Teiichi made physical contact with her, presumably an act which acknowledges her as a whole entity. Something similar happens when Yuuko reappears at the end of episode 12.]

I like seeing little hidden touches like this slipped in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:43 pm Reply with quote
That is a pretty cool detail to have hidden in there Key.
Riddley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:28 am Reply with quote
Oooo I like that Key. I love those little touches too. Wanna rewatch now Very Happy
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, I really liked the show and all; but I cannot decide between 11/11 (masterpiece) and 10/11 (excellent). The reason for my indecision is that I cannot help but feel that the very end of episode 12 is a cop-out. I have not looked at this thread, so I do not know if this subject has been brought up; but am I being unreasonable for thinking that the ending was not tragic enough?
Key

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh, the ending (and how much people were disappointed with the cop-out) was much talked-about. (Not SAO-level "talked-about," but it was probably the series' most heavily-discussed aspect.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:45 pm Reply with quote
I think it would have been a masterpiece if not for the very end, it was so good and worked up such emotions that the end kind of betrayed it. I put excellent myself.

I also downloaded the song from the last episode, "Requiem", sounds so sad, yet beautiful.
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I really liked Yuuko, so i was happy spoiler[that she came back].
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:43 pm Reply with quote
The end totally ruined it for me. A total chicken out and way to go neutralizing the emotions it had been building. The show was in the very good to excellent range, but this and a few other issues ended up dropping the show for me to just a good rating. Still a B rating so its good, but it could have easily been an A- if it had some balls plus if they had fixed the festival part of the show.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:47 am Reply with quote
I thought the ending was a bit of a cop out as well. But it did not really bother me because I was only mildly impressed with the series in the first place. 6/10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13 (OVA)

Kirie is annoyed at Yuukospoiler[ creating even more ghost stories and tries to fight against Yuuko in a range of competitions which she loses each one]. Well personally I think she should have won the spoiler[beauty contest with the gothic lolita look]. But then we get something very fun; a Kirie spoiler[version of the OP, with all the leaves broomed up, A cup angst, and hillarious failure] at the end. It kind of reminded me of the recent Chuuinbyou, it was good since Kirie was my favourite, though I wish she would not have so little self confidence.

A lot of the episode was spoiler[looking over mysteries again, though Momoe seems a little privy to Yuuko, or at least did not freak out to the fact she was fighting over Teiichi with an invisible person]. Unfortuantly for Teiichi both them seemed to enjoy spoiler[seeing him in pain], and were very pleased with themselves. Kirie's next attempt was even more like Chuunibyou, with spoiler[assorted trinkets and fingerless with pentagons on the back].

We had a fanservice scene, though Teiichi was the most spoiler[embarassed by it, Momoe seemed to get a good sight. Nice seeing that they all freaked out the same way to Kirie breaking the bath]. A part with traditional clothes and fireworks, they did at the school so Yuuko could take part, Kirie was not very happy with it all, Momoe was awesome with how into the firworks she was.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:03 am Reply with quote
Cute OVA. Made me nostalgic for the show. Momoe has nice boboes.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:20 pm Reply with quote
A very nice Ova. Man Kirie got destroyed in this episode. She got a 30 on a test that was middle school level as a high schooler... I expected her to be one of those smart ones, I guess not.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Part I found most amusing was the OP tbh from the OVA. Ah, it was an amusing watch altogether and glad to see the club back one last time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:44 pm Reply with quote
man this show loves to tease. was kinda hoping there would be a little more since it was an OVA. oh well, still a good episode and Kirie is pretty funny.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 20